Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, it's only 4 more sleeps till we bugger off for an epic boys trip across OZ
In the convoy we have 2 x 4.2TD Patrols and 1 x VW Amarok V6 tagging along. We have all spent the last 6 months pretty much tweaking, adding and replacing everything on our rigs to ensure a safe trip. Old mate in the Amarok has spent close on 20K adding flash new bits (long range fuel tank, draws, dual swing away spare wheel carrier, roof rack, 3" snorkel with big air box and and and - looks chit hot now
The patrols, well they where pretty much already decked out. I added a second roof top box ( had a spare one) which just enabled me to pack all the light stuff on the roof and allowed me to empty the rear draws for all the dry tucker and kitchen bits and pieces.

So the roof rack has the two boxes, 2 x 20L gerries, 1 x 20L water container and the gas bottle.

In the rear of the patrol I have a set of draws full of tucker

A 50L out back water tank, Sub Woofer (essential), pie Oven and the 80L duel fridge freezer Engle Oh and the BEER (gunna sneak two more 30 packs in and relocate (somewhere) the CCs and the top box which has 3 x 1L bottle of American Honey, 2 x 750ml Jack Daniels Honey

More to come

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Things I’ve replaced in the last few months.

Every rubber joint under the patrol: both
Panhards, Rear diff Control arms both upper and lower, Steering control arm joints, all body mounts, and both the front and rear rubbers on the Radius arms. Also installed new extra heavy duty sway bars with the new greasable links with the new rubber boots, this has made a huge difference to the performance of the patrol.

I’ve had King Smoothies in place for around 5 years and a King steering dampener. Had these fully serviced with new Viton seals, and a bit of tweaking to the rear stacks. The front shocks where ok. I also had the rear shafts replaced as apparently after numerous crossings of deserts and dirt roads the shafts where pitted a wee bit. All new hoses to the refurbed remote canisters was also done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: troytheboy

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Point of interest, had a new windscreen installed this week - got me a UV stabilised unit. Supposed to stop getting sunburnt hands and arms Thought it was worth a try. Will let you know how it goes.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,177 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My ever loving bride has made over 50 meals for me all cryovaced to the perfect size for the freezer.

And she is doing all the fresh vegetables the day prior to leaving in little one meal packets for the fridge
Spoilt much - chit yes
Would be lost with out her

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hopefully avoid this.

View attachment 511329
Yes mate spot on, I hope it facilitates what it says it can. Apparently most windscreens in Europe are supposed to have the UV protection in them.

I also got my side windows retinted with the max darkest tint to try and stop that side burn.

·
Registered
nissan
198 Posts
Hi guys, it's only 4 more sleeps till we bugger off for an epic boys trip across OZ
In the convoy we have 2 x 4.2TD Patrols and 1 x VW Amarok V6 tagging along. We have all spent the last 6 months pretty much tweaking, adding and replacing everything on our rigs to ensure a safe trip. Old mate in the Amarok has spent close on 20K adding flash new bits (long range fuel tank, draws, dual swing away spare wheel carrier, roof rack, 3" snorkel with big air box and and and - looks chit hot now
The patrols, well they where pretty much already decked out. I added a second roof top box ( had a spare one) which just enabled me to pack all the light stuff on the roof and allowed me to empty the rear draws for all the dry tucker and kitchen bits and pieces.

So the roof rack has the two boxes, 2 x 20L gerries, 1 x 20L water container and the gas bottle.

A 50L out back water tank, Sub Woofer (essential), pie Oven and the 80L duel fridge freezer Engle Oh and the BEER (gunna sneak two more 30 packs in and relocate (somewhere) the CCs and the top box which has 3 x 1L bottle of American Honey, 2 x 750ml Jack Daniels Honey

More to come

More to come

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Iron jack is chit..
And Canadian club.. pfft..

Sent from Deep inside the Blues Camp using Tapatalk
Mate I'm hearing you, I must admit I'm not a huge fan of Iron Jacks - but their is just not a big selection of good beer in cans
I did find when I took em across the Simpson last year, I was used to em by the time I got home though
Gunna squeeze in two additional 30 packs of great northern. Tried them this week, and they where ok As far as the CCs go, it's the best non-coke premix my gut can handle. Just not a huge coke fan
Noticed you didn't mention anything about the Honey

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK, only ONE more SLEEP till we head off. Started holidays yesterday arvo, most excellent game of footy last night with the Mighty Broncos winning, hey Troy Finish packing the car today and trying to remember chit I've forgotten to pack
Tidy up the yard, fuel up the Patrol, last checks - then time for BEER and family - THEN - try and sleep one more night - THEN
Rocky to Winton to start the trip off

Reactions: warthog and qik60

·
Registered
nissan
846 Posts
Have a great trip mate and don't go anywhere near a weighbridge!! :cool:

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Have a great trip mate and don't go anywhere near a weighbridge!! :cool:
Thanks Gary, actually put the rig over one, last thing this arvo

Been one hectic day

Excited much - Naaaa - Bullchit

What did your mates end up deciding on completing mate? CSR or NT? Still sucks you aren't able to come this year - hope your making headway

Troy, some how these 500ml Hinies made it in the Patrol

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No more SLEEPS

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
1,862 Posts
Enjoy. The american honey will make up for the iron jack.

·
Registered
nissan
848 Posts
Jealous.

I find the euro and US can explode rather easy. Lost a six pack on a main road once due friction.

Solution is to drink it on the first night!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts