Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Go The Knights and Blues
32,236 Posts
Jealous.

I find the euro and US can explode rather easy. Lost a six pack on a main road once due friction.

Solution is to drink it on the first night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good idea..

Sent from Deep inside the Blues Camp using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Bloody hell, made it to Winton. There are 3 pubs in the main street we had to visit each one twice before we made our way back to camp Already on my 3rd bottle of H2O and it’s only 3am

Reactions: trev zd30 and Foo

·
Go The Knights and Blues
32,236 Posts
Bloody hell, made it to Winton. There are 3 pubs in the main street we had to visit each one twice before we made our way back to camp Already on my 3rd bottle of H2O and it’s only 3am

Some pictures would be good..

·
Registered
nissan
845 Posts
Thanks Gary, actually put the rig over one, last thing this arvo

Been one hectic day

Excited much - Naaaa - Bullchit

What did your mates end up deciding on completing mate? CSR or NT? Still sucks you aren't able to come this year - hope your making headway

Troy, some how these 500ml Hinies made it in the Patrol

Just got home after a weekend run up and down the coast. Dropped all the CSR research material I've put together off to them last week because they are now thinking CSR. Hope they do, they are well prepped. Let you know when they decide.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
:cool::cool:

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
How goods this

Sits on around 76 when sitting on 100, punched it from the Plenty Hwy to Alice at 130/h never got over the photo temp, ambient temp was around 25deg

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

The crew

·
Go The Knights and Blues
32,236 Posts
How goods this

Sits on around 76 when sitting on 100, punched it from the Plenty Hwy to Alice at 130/h never got over the photo temp, ambient temp was around 25deg

140 with the doors open??

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
140 with the doors open??

Stupid friggin light I replaced all the bloody door switches around 2 months ago thinking- winner - but nope stupid bloody light is still on must be a bad earth somewhere and I just haven’t had the time to find it yet

Reactions: troytheboy

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Ok, climbed the Rock today

Gunna hit the Heather and Gunbarrel Hwys tomorrow First real days off the beaten track

Camp at Uluru camp grounds

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Bit about the Patrol performance!

Speed from Alice to Uluru - 130K
/H. Fuel consumption was 16.9L/100 Super Impressed
Average piro 300Deg, Boost 17, engine temp 82 Deg, ambient temp 26 Deg.
Patrol is just performing magfrigginnificently

Reactions: warthog

·
Registered
nissan
845 Posts
Boys have decided they are doing CSR. White GQ ute and green GQ ute, leaving Townsville on 4th August. They will be Bililuna to Wiluna. They will be looking out for you.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Boys have decided they are doing CSR. White GQ ute and green GQ ute, leaving Townsville on 4th August. They will be Bililuna to Wiluna. They will be looking out for you.
Will keep an eye out for them mate

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Finished the Gunbarrel Hwy (3 times - had to bugger off to Carnegie Station ( only a 8 hour return trip ) to get some tools (spring compression tool - yes we made him buy one in Kalgoorlie) to get the Kombie going) Had to make a detour to Kalgoorlie to get some spare parts to fix the Offroad Kombie - broke a front strut. Had a spare but not one for the Canning so ordered new ARB replacement gear from the awesome team in Kalgoorlie and buggered off down to get em. Hopefully heading up to Wiluna today (31st) to start the CSR tomorrow

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Couple more

Reactions: Overboard

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Had to restock for the CSR

Reactions: Marko_SJ

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Finally just have to mention the King shock team on the Sunshine Coast. Had the King Smoothies on for 7 years now, always thought the ride was great - sent them down prior to buggereing off for a full rebuild- new rear shafts, had the stacks modified a bit, new viton seals, new hoses, new valves the whole 9 yards. Well puck me - never and I mean never in my wildest dreams did I think shockies could be this friggin good!!!! The whole truck has been transformed unfrigging believable, the ride is just [email protected] good, I mean a whole new level of [email protected] good. I can hit wash outs - easy twice as fast and hardly I mean hardly even know I drove over em my mate in the other patrol also had his Kings rebuilt the same as me, and we are like a bunch of little school kids - can not friggin believe just how good they are

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Completed just over 5000Ks, completed a full service yesterday arvo, full oil change, new oil filters, cleaned the K&N air filter, full grease up on all nipples, topped up the brake fluid and checked the new radiator again - all good
Patrol is dead set running like a dream, happy as
The Earth is dead set flat with 700+NM of torque - drivability is just through the roof

Reactions: Marko_SJ

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Made it from Kalgoorlie to Leinster this arvo. Hit the CSR tomorrow morning
Offroad Kombie has new ARB front struts and springs. He also received a replacement Bilstien and he bought another spare Bilstien as well. He also has the original Kombie gear as well. So hopefully with 5 spares he might make it to the end of the CSR.

Having said that we all bloody hope we make it with no issues.

I have a complete rebuild kit for the hiem joints on all the kings and all the rubbers etc - I also have one front and rear OME shock, as does the other patrol - so a full set just in case

So unless something hits us from left field, we should be OK

21 - 40 of 46 Posts