Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a place or person that builds custom aluminium canopies. Around Brisbane, willing to travel up to 2 hours

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
49,221 Posts
Can anyone recommend a place or person that builds custom aluminium canopies. Around Brisbane, willing to travel up to 2 hours
I would think any good Trailer building establishment would have a go at that.

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
18,164 Posts
Have a look at Kylin campers..They are in Melbourne but will ship to you..They are made in china but are built well and great prices..I have got one on my ute and cant fault it.

·
18,164 Posts
Wheel Tire Truck Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
Nissan
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's your budget they don't come cheap you're probably looking at 20k plus
20k for just a canopy not fitted out? I haven't had any prices that high thankfully, it's more trying to find a shop I might have missed that can build me one before christmas

·
Registered
nissan
1,887 Posts
20k for just a canopy not fitted out? I haven't had any prices that high thankfully, it's more trying to find a shop I might have missed that can build me one before christmas
Depends on what your after if replacing the tray with a full custom canopy/tray the skies the limit. But if fitting just an alloy canopy one similar to 45/70 then start at a couple of thousand and add on extras from there like I did several yrs ago. If your handy at doing things you can set it up how you want but if you find someone that sells them pre done it's dearer but easier and faster if they have stock. But be wary depending on your vehicle don't put too much weight behind the rear axle like lots of people tend to do because usually the people selling canopies don't care they just want your money it's up to you to keep it safe to drive and handle correctly on road getting the balance right is very important. Most people think you fix it by getting the biggest gvm upgrade available but that can and will create other unwanted issues depending on the vehicle.

·
18,164 Posts
is that a custom size or did you get lucky that there stock sizes fit your tray? I need custom size to match my tipper tray
Custom mate.. They will make them any size you like.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Just don’t use checker plate. Worst material to look at. Crap to clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: WYO

·
Registered
nissan
1,887 Posts
Who cleans them I just hit mine with the Gerni you don't want it shiny all the time too much glare on the eyes plus that dull look may help to keep the sea gulls away.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
339 Posts
There is literally hundreds to choose from.
Work out you budget and call around.

Tc boxes
Mw boxes
Patriot campers
Hillys offroad
Mitsalloy
Boss aluminium
Norweld
Eztoolbox
Toolboxcentre

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Nissan
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There is literally hundreds to choose from.
Work out you budget and call around.

Tc boxes
Mw boxes
Patriot campers
Hillys offroad
Mitsalloy
Boss aluminium
Norweld
Eztoolbox
Toolboxcentre

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Looking for recommendations from someone who has had one built from a company and been happy as opposed to just googling. Also want them to be max 2hrs from Brisbane

1 - 15 of 15 Posts