Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, Setting up to do the cape,leaving gold coast around 20th this month. I'm sure every one has the same problem too much stuff,today I bought filters/belt etc tried to get radator hoses to no avail then started to think about it I just sold my 1996 hilux and mostly still had its orignal equiptment on it including hoses. So the question is has anyone actualy busted hoses in a relativly new patrol? Mine is a 2010
Cheers

·
Registered
56 Posts
we did the cape in 2013 from Horsham in Victoria, had my 2002 GU Patrol serviced before we left and never missed a beat. Make sure it service is up to date and have fun, just dont break stuff.

When we were camped at Umagico caravan park, a Toyota 4x4 club came in with about 20 vehicles, one arrived on the back of a tow truck. A mate of mine [Johono with a GU ute} walked over and took a photo of the car on the truck, one of the Toyota guys asked what he was doing and seemed displeased, we almost got lynched when Johono said he "always wondered how Toyota's got to the tip now I've got proof" needless to say they didnt see the funny side.

We did tho

cheers...have fun

rastus

·
Registered
nissan patrolGQ
19 Posts
Like most I serviced mine before cape trip last year and kept old hoses as spares, and like most never needed them. Just check around fitted hoses and see if anything can rub on them, especially considering corrugations, and either reposition the offending items or cover the contact points with a piece of old cut hose or rubber, securing with a cable tie or similar.
Enjoy the trip!

Reactions: saikkala

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
I've never broken a belt or had a hose go on a trip. I've had a clutch slave cylinder leak and that's about it.

But make sure you've got excellent tyres.

·
Registered
nissan
631 Posts
same as above. We went solo last year and had our car serviced well before the trip, then again a week before we went ( just a final look over) All hose and belts kept as spares etc We also had 500km old tyre's on.

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
Hi guys, Setting up to do the cape,leaving gold coast around 20th this month. I'm sure every one has the same problem too much stuff,today I bought filters/belt etc tried to get radator hoses to no avail then started to think about it I just sold my 1996 hilux and mostly still had its orignal equiptment on it including hoses. So the question is has anyone actualy busted hoses in a relativly new patrol? Mine is a 2010
Cheers
Hi, we are also getting ready to head up to the Cape from WA. Have the same issue as you regarding space and what gear to take, so I have just removed the back seats and this allows me to put some crates in the back with the spare gear.

·
Registered
nissan
1,792 Posts
Hi, we are also getting ready to head up to the Cape from WA. Have the same issue as you regarding space and what gear to take, so I have just removed the back seats and this allows me to put some crates in the back with the spare gear.
Not easy is it! Trying to fit your life into your car. I suggest building a false floor so the crates/boxes sit level. Or try PM Reuben as he might be interested in selling his false floor. His system works perfectly.

How long till you head off?

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GUIV
18,470 Posts
Unbolt your passenger side tail light from the body work, shove your belts and hoses in there. Plenty of room and in a safe place f you ever need them.

Reactions: kuba

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
Not easy is it! Trying to fit your life into your car. I suggest building a false floor so the crates/boxes sit level. Or try PM Reuben as he might be interested in selling his false floor. His system works perfectly.

How long till you head off?
About four to five weeks to Lift Off.

I think I have come up with a solution, I bolted a bit of Rhino rack HD cross bar to the bolt holes where the seats came out. This makes the crates sit level and gives something to attach straps or loop fittings onto. I used the other bit of roof rack cross bar between the top seatbelt mount points for the rear seas and that now holds a 45L Boab water tank like a cargo barrier where the rear seat back was.

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
Unbolt your passenger side tail light from the body work, shove your belts and hoses in there. Plenty of room and in a safe place f you ever need them.
I just took the knife to the side panels and cut through to allow access to put things in the rear quarter panels and not have to take the light out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts