Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm selling my mrs sp20 on car sales. Its only been on for 2 hours.

Got a txt asking when it was last serviced. But the weird thing is it didn't come up with a number but a name. But I don't know this person. And he asks me to email him back. So I did and then sent txt back to say email sent but it wouldn't send...

So a few emails back and forth, and he asks how much.. I say its on the site u were just on.
But its 10500. and if ur not a tyre kicker pop round and we will talk price.

Then I get a reply.heres the strange bit.

" thanks for the email.I will take it for $11000 including paypal surcharges, since iam interested in the immediate purchase for my uncle who just moved to maylaysia,where this is needed and I will be making use of a shipping company to have this picked up from you and have it delivered to him.
Further arrangements will be made with you in regards to the pickup once I have paid you.
I would appreciate if you email more pictures too since I won't be able to see this in person, what's the pay pal email to send you the funds in order for me to pay you asap"

I've never sold any car over 5 grand before. But this sounds crazy.
This guy is dreaming. Right?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
nissan gq swb
483 Posts
Its a scam mate. Plenty of them going around. Dont send anymore details. Delete all.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks mate, vie never sold a car online. Infact most of my cars get picked up and taken for scrap metal.lol. So am new to this. It ****s me though as I wrote in detail as much as I could for him.

So real low lifes out there.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought if I paid 60 bucks for a ad that this stuff might be filtered out or something. But guess it's just not possible. Guess gotta be Suss if anyone buys a car without looking at it.
Cheers guys.

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ
8,028 Posts
had a similar one last week from a bloke who reckoned he'd just started work in kuala lumpar, wanted to to get myt acct details to do a direct deposit and that he'd send a mate around to pick up the parts.

i did an IP header check on his email - it was coming out of angola

no shortage of scammers.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Def a scam mate, i'm even getting them here in Ireland with a caravan im selling, apparently some guy said the full price was fine with him and he would be sending a courier co over to collect it and take it to Dubia!
Only about 4000 miles from Ireland and about 10 countries away!!
Need to send him my paypal acc details 1st though!!

·
Gunner
nissan patrol
4,162 Posts
how do you do an IP header check, can check suss emails then.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If they have ur email can they somehow get access to it. Lucky I didn't give him my address to have a look.I was close to.until I got that last email which sent alarm bells off and thought I would ask for advice.
Wonder if these ever work?

·
Registered
543 Posts
As soon as they mention paying by paypal it is a scam. Never accept payment for pickup items other than cash or direct deposit or maybe a cheque that can clear prior to handing over the goods.

·
Registered
nissan gu patrol
38 Posts
Mate had the same thing happen to me. When asked some more questions got no replay.
Had to change all bank details to be sure.
Yep Pay Pal email looked ok as well, so you have to be carefull.

·
Banned
Nissan mk 84
59 Posts
These scams operate by putting the money in your paypal account *pending delivery* then people come and load your car onto a truck, next thing you know the money has been withdrawn as product undelivered. You never see the car or the money again. Makes your blood boil.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts