Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just want to open up a new topic about car stereos.
who has put one in, what do gear do you run, and how do you find it?
Im planning an install in my GQ that will see two amps, (clif design cd600a and DD cm1) mounted under the back seat and a pair of Treo Engineering TE 12.22 sitting behind the seat.

(the sub box will finish level with the set of draws that i am planning on putting in)

and any pics would be great too!

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Mine came standard with a stereo. Surprised yours didn't and you need to install one.

·
Registered
nissan
56 Posts
Mine came standard with a stereo. Surprised yours didn't and you need to install one.
Sounds fully sick... mine came with one also, but i did not have a GPS or screen so i changed it for one... but your's sounds fully sick also, what specs do you have on the fully sick sub woofa...:D:D:D

·
Registered
nissan
104 Posts
Sounds fully sick... mine came with one also, but i did not have a GPS or screen so i changed it for one... but your's sounds fully sick also, what specs do you have on the fully sick sub woofa...:D:D:D
What a w. A . N . K ... He is just asking a serious question for serious feed back ... Suprisingly alot of four wheel drivers listen to there music loud mate

·
Registered
Nissan
341 Posts
Suprisingly alot of four wheel drivers listen to there music loud mate
Yep. That's true. One regularly drives past my place and I can hear it forever. Sounds like:

Doof......doof.......doof.....doof.....doof.....doof.....doof...doof....doof....doof........

:rolleyes::p;)

·
Banned
1,101 Posts
I run Pioneer Head Unit, through to an 800W amp which go into 2 4-way Kenwood Speakers. Very good quality sound. I have just got my hands on some 3-way 6x9" Kenwood Speakers to sit behind the seats to produce the 'bass' tones.

Btw its a GU Ute..

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
34 Posts
just want to open up a new topic about car stereos.
who has put one in, what do gear do you run, and how do you find it?
Im planning an install in my GQ that will see two amps, (clif design cd600a and DD cm1) mounted under the back seat and a pair of Treo Engineering TE 12.22 sitting behind the seat.

(the sub box will finish level with the set of draws that i am planning on putting in)

and any pics would be great too!
ignore the haters.

nice gear you got planned there. Maybe look at two 10inch subs rather than two 12's.

remember your speakers are only as good as the source and wiring. If you skimp on wiring you may as well go buy some pioneers.

alex

·
Registered
nissan
455 Posts
pending on what you want to achieve with your patrol (alot of offroad work)to me its to much stuff, ive never heard of the brands going in but get an amp that is 4 channel and that would be heaps to run the lot. whats going in the front doors and what head unit are you running?

Heres acouple of pics of mine i installed, with a sony head unit, jonah lamu splits in the front doors the amp mounted on a stainless section so theres air flow and it doesnt over heat, and a 12' sub in a box in the rear. I have 6.5' splits for the rear doors but what i have is more than plenty and it would mean more wiring.

·
Registered
nissan
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
looking good there tower!
dont worry about my wiring alex, its top notch. ;) (check out 'barina bass' or 'dd9915 excursion' on youtube)
will post up pics soon of past projects...

·
Registered
nissan
34 Posts
looking good there tower!
dont worry about my wiring alex, its top notch. ;) (check out 'barina bass' or 'dd9915 excursion' on youtube)
will post up pics soon of past projects...

sounds like you already know what youre doing mate :cool:

im running all my old gear in my patrol, cant justify a big stereo in my toy car! Clarion headunit, hertz 6.5inch splits front, alpine type R 6x9s in the rear, 12inch type S sub, run by a alpine v-power 4channel and a pioneer monoblock.

heaps of dynamat.

i'll chuck sum pics up when i get a chance, but it all goes pretty good in a swb

·
Registered
nissan
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
here are some pics of some of the setups ive done in the missus' barina. lol.
the first two were when i was competing hence the 2x5000wrms amps, extensive wiring and battery. the last two were just to see if i could fibreglass and is the daily driven system. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
442 Posts
I've got a ute but am running a Kenwood deck, 6.5" Pioneer or Kenwood (can't remember) splits in the doors, 4 channel 800W Pioneer amp under the passenger seat and a bridged 6.5" bazooka tube behind the passenger seat.

jonesy427 - Looks like that install is worth more than the car? Bet you needed heavier springs for the rear? Haha

·
Registered
nissan
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
haha yeah it was. it did sound awesome tho and loud. the car actually didnt sag and didnt increase fuel economy noticably which was good. :)
loktndirty, where did you put the tweeters?

·
Registered
nissan
124 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thats some might fine work there wrx. you been into measq by any chance?

·
Registered
nissan
442 Posts
I put the tweeters on the little plastic triangle mouldings at the bottom of the A pillar on the doors

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
I used to have a pretty good car stereo, then I built a good home system and realised I wanted to preserve my hearing so I could enjoy my music for a long time.

My old car stereo was an exercise in efficiency. only 185WRMS per channel for the subs (measured) but It would go loud enough for the mirrors to be useless. I actually was sitting at the lights and a police car turned his lights and siren on right behind me, I didnt notice. Cost me 3 demerit points and I didnt have that many left so I lost my license. I thought he was being a ****** until he said "what if I was an ambulance" Fair enough, copped it on the chin and moved on.

I've been thinking of putting some gear into the tow pig, I have a folded tapped horn in mind with the amp on the side of it, to be mounted in the fridge slide so its easily removable for trips. Anderson plug for power which would also be a damn good power feed for the fridge.

Love that funky old chrome head unit Tower.

·
Registered
nissan
124 Posts
thats some might fine work there wrx. you been into measq by any chance?
Nah mate not really a sq style of car, i jus built it to be loud and attract attention for my work lol, i live in rocky and theres no comps around this area anyway. HOWEVER it is probably one of the clearest sounding systems around town all the p platers just hav heaps of doof and thats it, this thing u can hear and clearly understand the music from ages away haha.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts