Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 4 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i’ve gone to start my car and it tries to turn over but won’t start, makes a very loud clicking under the car sounds like under the passenger seat, when i attempt to start the car it tries and then almost flutters before i finish the attempt. I’m not good with cars so i have no idea what is going on. apparently i can’t attach videos so i can privately send them to help

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,841 Posts
So i’ve gone to start my car and it tries to turn over but won’t start, makes a very loud clicking under the car sounds like under the passenger seat, when i attempt to start the car it tries and then almost flutters before i finish the attempt. I’m not good with cars so i have no idea what is going on. apparently i can’t attach videos so i can privately send them to help
Moving thread to General Patrol Discussion, as the title of this section says it is not for technical. Please give as much info about your vehicle as possible, ie, model, engine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here’s a video of what’s going on

·
Registered
nissan gq
2,369 Posts
here’s a video of what’s going on
Loud rattling sounds like the starter motor is not engaging properly,the mounting bolts could be loose.Reach down the ri --drivers side of the engine near the gearbox,grab the round cylinder { starter motor } and see if you can move it around,if so it must be tightened into place for it to work.If this is not the problem you just might call a mobile mech,or phone a friend

1 - 4 of 3 Posts