Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried removing my steinbauer chip today and when I went to start the car it wouldnt turn on.

I turn the ignition on and it's kicking over but just won't start. I put the chip back in and all is good the car starts.

The car is a 2006 3.0

Any ideas, do I need to reconnect anything?

·
Registered
116 Posts
where you unplug the chip from the should be a connector from the factory harness that will plug back into there. (never done fitted a chip so dont know exactly where it pulgs into?

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
I don't know if yours is different to the CRD one. I unplugged the module on a CRD (not my CRD you understand, that could lead to a warranty problem), and did nothing else - left all the other wiring in situ - and it started and ran just fine. But if you were to unplug all four injector connections, and not reconnect the original ones, then no dice.

·
Registered
nissan
163 Posts
I have a steibauer in my 07 Di, the plug goes into the fuel pump and the original piggybacks onto it. If you unplug it, the fuel pump won't work unless you put the original plug back on.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a steibauer in my 07 Di, the plug goes into the fuel pump and the original piggybacks onto it. If you unplug it, the fuel pump won't work unless you put the original plug back on.
Thanks guys, I will try this tonight, fingers crossed that is all it is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts