Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone go? Fawkin hot!! It was supposed to be cool and raining - it was 30+...

Scored a "SHOW SPECIAL" Oztrail King Kokoda Camping chair at normal retail.

They werent impressed when I showed them the price off their email from last week either at the same price as SHOW SPECIAL. So when I asked for the $45 off the marked price that was the SHOW SPECIAL the crowd standing around stood waiting for an answer... needless to say the old vagina there was mighty annoyed, and the discount it didnt happen :(

Didn't find the cooktop for campertrailer I wanted which was only reason for going there :(

Some nice trailers there if you have $50000 - 150,000 to spend on an ally fridge on wheels.

Some interesting new things there... so much for economic downturn!

But most stall holders in the air conditioned main building couldnt have been more disinterested if they were being lined up against a wall for firing squad - Specially the Travel information stands, most were playing their I****. The only 2 that spent time and gave a **** was the Grampains tour people, South Aussie tour people, adn the Koni bloke.. Gave a reasonable price on some 88's and springs.

Asked Dometic - WAECO stall for info on the cooktop that I might have bought they pointed to it, and when I turned to ask him questions about it, he'd disappeared like a fart in the wind over with his mates.
maybe if i was 80yrs old I'd have got some attention.

Anyway pretty typical show for modern times.

·
Registered
Nissan
6,063 Posts
I do remember when there used to be genuine show specials and the savings you got more than offset any entry price.

These days by the time you factor in getting there and entry fee and any token discount you are actually better off going to a normal retail outlet close by and just pay recommended retail.

Cheers

Justin

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
parscheese said:
I do remember when there used to be genuine show specials and the savings you got more than offset any entry price.
yea that died 5-10yrs ago.. I didnt really expect anything off. It was an impulse buy as my old 8yr old chair is on its last legs.

These days by the time you factor in getting there and entry fee and any token discount you are actually better off going to a normal retail outlet close by and just pay recommended retail.
agree x GoogolplexGoogolplexGoogolplextyteenGoogolplexteen
but they were signing people up left right and center!

people sadly were lined up for the cheap **** $3000 fully sik campertrailers... I bet they didnt even take a look at the quality.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,090 Posts
Yep I no such thing as show special anymore. As for quality, no. one seems to care about that, it's all about price. sad to say, I know

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
people sadly were lined up for the cheap **** $3000 fully loaded campertrailers... I bet they didnt even take a look at the quality.
Of course not, quality what quality as long as the tyres hold air until the warranty runs out - if not blame it on 'its not meant to be used sir of course it will break/fall apart etc'

hwy crooks.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As for quality, no. one seems to care about that
not everyone :(

noticed that with camp chairs. if you can buy em for $10-15 now.. Tim got 2 for flinders trip, 1 died first night, other lasted 3 nights...

·
Registered
Nissan Safari
1,804 Posts
What was the entry fee? Gold Coast one is next week, I thought I would call in on my way to my mates place up Collum way, he needs me to be his winchbetch for a hardcore trip he is running on Saturday.
Al

1 - 7 of 7 Posts