Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi recently after taking my car out (after sitting for about a month) i noticed some issues.

If i plant my foot down the car skips a beat then goes as per normal, it always does it warm or cold, happens only under low revs i.e 2.5k and under, if i gradually accelerate (to around 2.5k) then stomp it, it goes fine.

Next issue is if i have my foot down and above 3K rpm and let go it continues accelerating for several seconds (have had it once where it wouldnt stop and had to turn the car off)

Never had these problems they came out of the blue. Im running petrol with petronix (i have auto choke issues after putting the snorkel in but that was a while ago).

Im ruling out a stuck accelerator cable as it only happens above 3k rpm (i assume should occur at any RPM). Stale fuel im ruling out as new fuel has gone in, i dont see how gunked fuel lines etc could do it??
I hope to drop it off to a decent carby place in the next few weeks, but wold like to see if anyone out there has an idea?

spark plugs, leads, petronix ****ting itself, timing out etc?

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan patrol
338 Posts
yeah i had the same problem once .turned out to be the carby was sticking.Skary chit when it sticks and your going down a hill and you have to turn it off coz you only get one or two pumps out of the brakes.Good luck

·
Registered
nissan
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep ended up being something was sticky, some degreaser and its all good. Might remove the auto choke if it plays up, but seems to not be working which is good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts