Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Cargo barrier

4K views 64 replies 11 participants last post by  GU_Thomo 
#1 ·
Has anyone made or modified a different cargo barrier to fit a gu wagon?

Thanks
Nick

#7 ·
It turned out brilliantly...
I think it may have been out of a Mitsubishi van or similar. ...
Found it on the council kerbside pickup one day.. took it home and modified it...

As I said I got loads of pictures somewhere...
Once found I'll post them all up for ya..
Didn't I send you a sketch of mine with dimensions to get you started? Still have that somewhere.

#26 ·
@troytheboy @Nickb1993 I have searched my laptop last night and again this morning and cannot find those sketches, maybe they are on one of my other hardrives, so I'm sorry but I cannot help, I did find where Troy spoke of it and put up pics as he was modifying and it was in the Pub Chit Chat thread FCS, he must have already had my contribution sketches, but I didn't contribute to that particular conversation so there must also have been another thread somewhere or PM's, but I cannot locate a specific PM on the subject.
You must have them somewhere Troy.
Sorry

#27 ·
@troytheboy @Nickb1993 I have searched my laptop last night and again this morning and cannot find those sketches, maybe they are on one of my other hardrives, so I'm sorry but I cannot help, I did find where Troy spoke of it and put up pics as he was modifying and it was in the Pub Chit Chat thread FCS, he must have already had my contribution sketches, but I didn't contribute to that particular conversation so there must also have been another thread somewhere or PM's, but I cannot locate a specific PM on the subject.
You must have them somewhere Troy.
Sorry
I find it hard to believe I would of put tech stuff in the pub thread gee.. 😱🙄
I'm a thinking I started a thread on it, but I can't find where I can find threads I've started . I Use to be able to go in and find threads I've started... seems not anymore though..

I'll keep looking... But I'll measure mine this arvo..

#47 ·
Have you seen these: Light Cargo Pet Barrier to suit NISSAN GU Y61 Patrol I bought one they work well and are easy to remove if you need to.
Off the shelf solution - bit pricey though: Light Cargo Pet Barrier to suit NISSAN GU Y61 Patrol by Kaon Light Cargo Pet Barrier to suit NISSAN GU Y61 Patrol
Yeah had a look these look pretty good but dont know how it will go as it says its not rated and only to be used as a pet/offroad barrier.

#40 ·
I modified one to fit my GQ.

Measured it up, found one on Gumtree that was about the right width and sectioned it across the middle to make it the right height to go on top of my home made drawers.

Pretty easy job, especially if you're looking for a bit of welding practice. Coat of paint and bobs your uncle. Came out solid. I mounted it to the drawers and the third row grab-handle points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.