Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan gu iii
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I was look at the nissan cargo cage and they say it is bolted in and it is hard to take out. Now i want to know if there is a cargo cage that is easy to take out or has anyone moded a cargo cage to go in and out easy?

If now anyone got ideas on the best way to mod a cargo cage for what i want?

thanks

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
I've been looking for more of a dog barrier for some time, using a cargo barrier design, but none seem to make the best use of the Patrol interior. I hate the Milford design, as I don't want to drill into the bodywork and the only other one I've found is this one:

CARGO BARRIER Nissan Patrol GU LWB *NEW* (eBay item 300447751035 end time 14-Feb-11 13:34:13 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

The price is OK, but I don't like the fact that once again, you have to drill holes into the bodywork, this time into the wheel arches. I just can't understand why no one makes a mounting system that takes advantage of the bolt holes used for the seats in the GU Patrols. These would provide an ideal mounting point and would allow the barrier to be easily installed and removed.

This sort of barrier could be easily enough modified to use the seat bolt holes, but without the means, it becomes a chore.

Cheers

Ray

·
Registered
nissan gu iii
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks ray! that one you seen on ebay that look better/easy to mod it to like hatch on and off easy..

thanks mate

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Hey, I was look at the nissan cargo cage and they say it is bolted in and it is hard to take out. Now i want to know if there is a cargo cage that is easy to take out or has anyone moded a cargo cage to go in and out easy?

If now anyone got ideas on the best way to mod a cargo cage for what i want?

thanks
mine is nissan supplied. easy peasy to take out...

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,407 Posts
My cargo barrier attaches to the existing 3rd row set holes.

I have a piece of angle iron that is welded to the bottom of the rack which has tags on it that bolt into the front holes.

Arms from the top come down and bolt into the back holes..

I can try and take some pics tonight, shelves are kind of in the way though..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Dont know what brand mine is, Fleabay special, but it bolts to child restraint points and 3rd row hand grips on roof. No drilling req, 25 min fit with no instructions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts