Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone no if you need caster correction bushes for a 2inch lift, mine is a 03 gu ute coil/coil and carry weight in the back constant, and 285 muddies???

·
Registered
nissan
446 Posts
depnds on how it drives. Some say yes others say no. If it wanders all over the road then yes but if it drives like standard then i'd say no.

·
Registered
nissan
443 Posts
for the little amount of $ for the bushes just do it. takes an extra hour to press them in.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
449 Posts
for the little amount of $ for the bushes just do it. takes an extra hour to press them in.
Easier said then done. I had mine done on my 3" lift. $170 for the bushes then $200 to put them in. Not excactly a little amount.

·
Registered
nissan
16 Posts
I just had my GU wagon lifted 2" and I don't feel that it needs correction bushes. It didn't take long to used to the different feel of the steering but I didn't have any of the wandering or tracking. Not sure if tyre size makes much difference? mine are 265/75R16
$370 was about what I was quoted to fit the bushes (not everyone has access to a press) - with a 2" lift kit around $900 it does indeed add considerably to the cost.
See how it drives first, no price difference to get them fitted later.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
449 Posts
Once you do the lift, look at the front coils and the angle of the front drive shaft. If the coils are bent like a bannana or the front drive shaft angle is too steep, you will need castors.
Being 2", you may not need tem.

·
Registered
nissan
77 Posts
Personal preference rather than necessity I suspect. I have 2 degree bushes for my 2" lift. The front ends of Patrols have less than ideal road manners at the best of times so I wanted to ensure it wasn't any worse. I'm happy with the way it is. Cheers Mike

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the reply everyone, have been told yes, other 4x4 agents say no, the most honest reply was just try it then see how it goes, coz it depends on the car itself not the fact that its a patrol or a toyota landcorola,. only 2inch, any higher than defanitly, apparently. one way to find out i guess, cheers people.

·
Registered
nissan
446 Posts
easiest way to tell mate is if you get sea sick driving down the road. ie it feels like a boat bobing around on water then you need them. I raised mine 2" and to be honest it drives better now than it did before without the bushes.

·
Registered
142 Posts
If you do get the bushers get the rubber one's they give a softer ride and more flex. Pedders and Superior sell them. Mine was ok with a 2-1/2'' lift but load the back end up and drop a inch it was just too light in steering and would grub the tram groves on the road. So I put the rubber type in. But each to there own.

·
Registered
nissan
443 Posts
I used my car jack under my diff to press them in after i carefully lined them up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts