Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fitting 1" lift springs at the front of my 09 GU LWB and 2" lift springs at the back.
Will I need castor correction bushes?
I wouldn't have thought they are compulsory but fitting them should maintain correct geometry right?

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I'm fitting 1" lift springs at the front of my 09 GU LWB and 2" lift springs at the back.
Will I need castor correction bushes?
I wouldn't have thought they are compulsory but fitting them should maintain correct geometry right?
No.

·
Registered
nissan
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My mate fitted the Ohlins with 1" lift to my GU this weel. They came off of a Rally Raid patrol GU so he rebuilt them totally and revalved then for more subtle use.
Fronts are OME 1" Lifted springs.
Back are OME 1" Lifted springs and he also fitted a pair of help coils over the shocks.

The ride over standard springs and shocks is so much nicer and less 'boat' like. I think the stance is still pretty good and I didn't have to mess around with geometry corrections either.

Very happy.

Next job.........................................................................................................

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hypothetical question.

Can I use the Standard height OEM Nissan shocks with 1" lifted front and rear springs?

Reason I ask....these Ohlins cost a fortune and I just had them rebuilt by a local agent. Two of the four shocks are leaking oil already and I can't be bothered to argue the case.

I don't want to spend out more on shocks so would put the original items back on along with the new Old Man Emu 1" lifted springs if we think they'll work alright.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts