Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. Quick question. Is the most degree for castor bushes 3.5 degree? I have 4" springs and shocks going into my series 1 GU, and Im getting the bushes as they are hidden better that plates or drop boxes for 5-0 etc. the springs and shocks i have im not sure if they have sagged as i bought them second hand, and if they have a bit, I will add coil packers to get it to sit the full 4-5" height im chasing.
Also do you reckon i should replace the draglink?

Cheers - Pete.

·
Registered
nissan
1,089 Posts
Yes 3.5 degree is the biggest that i know about.
Yes you will need a draglink with that lift
Cheers

·
Registered
nissan patrol
109 Posts
Yes 3.5 degree is the biggest that i know about.
Yes you will need a draglink with that lift
Cheers
I believe 5 degree castor correction is bigger than 3.5

And the police aren't going to give a **** how your 4-5 inch lift is setup, they will just smash you for having that size due to the fact that it is illegal.

If you were going this way to be inconspicuous then my apologies, I understand your train of thought.

I'm not advising you to remain legal, merely indicating that there is no point trying to keep them happy with one detail of the set up when the whole lift can be defected.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I could be wrong but the largest correction in a poly bush is 3 degree in a Patrol and the same bushes give a 3.5 degree correction in a Landcruiser. So it will fix your castor for a 3" lift but not really quite enough for a 4" lift but it will drive ok. Because it is a poly bush you will experience more vibrations through the vehicle and eliminate any flex that you thought you had and your overall flex would be similar to stock standard. I don't think the bushes will be successful on a 4.5" lift and definately not a 5" lift.

Drop boxes or new radius arms are the only 2 options you would be happy with. Plates would be ok with a 5" lift but there is noticeable difference in ride quality stepping up to the drop boxes. You won't gain flex with castor plates but they would be far better then poly castor correction bushes.

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
hey guys. Quick question. Is the most degree for castor bushes 3.5 degree? I have 4" springs and shocks going into my series 1 GU, and Im getting the bushes as they are hidden better that plates or drop boxes for 5-0 etc. the springs and shocks i have im not sure if they have sagged as i bought them second hand, and if they have a bit, I will add coil packers to get it to sit the full 4-5" height im chasing.
Also do you reckon i should replace the draglink?

Cheers - Pete.
Just get 4" or 5" drop arms if you dont want plates or drop boxes. Big O arms are about 800 the pair with slotted bushes. Measure the exact lift once the springs (and spacers if them too) are in to get the right arms.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts