Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering what affect the cat has when running on LPG?I was under the impression that the cat was there to help disperse unburnt petrol.If I remove the cat(I know that it is a legal requirement to have one)will I notice any difference in performance?I am thinking to go with the extractors and 2 1/2 inch exhaust when funds permit,but that is a while away,so thought this little mod might help to free things up a little.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,195 Posts
I am wondering what affect the cat has when running on LPG?I was under the impression that the cat was there to help disperse unburnt petrol.If I remove the cat(I know that it is a legal requirement to have one)will I notice any difference in performance?I am thinking to go with the extractors and 2 1/2 inch exhaust when funds permit,but that is a while away,so thought this little mod might help to free things up a little.
Catalytic Converter, as the name implies, uses catalysts (precious metals, etc) to convert nasty gases into less harmful emissions/deposits. Yes it will go better without it, just don't get caught. Would suggest 2 3/4 exhaust all the way through instead.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,195 Posts
Haveago, just a thought that might help you in the future, if you put a bit of info about your vehicle in the signature area, whenever you ask a question everyone instantly knows what the question relates to. Doesn't need to be pages just the basics, Year, engine and transmission will do very nicely to start with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts