Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu111
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Track R. Is a new gizmo that is the size off a coin that leads u to your lost or stolen possessions

Available 2015 have a look on YouTube for preview , and watch the bloke get his bike back 10days :roll::D

·
Premium Member
Nissan GU1 4.2
417 Posts
Didn't look good to me. If someone takes your car out into the country, there is not much chance of a constable phone being in the area.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Looks pretty good for most people.

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
This is an idea in its early stages. It may get better or lead to a new design.

The Yanks are giving them away in the hope that the crowd-sourcing base will expand and improve the coverage. There is a lot of development going into GPS devices at the moment.

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,407 Posts
Lowjacking has been around for a while.
It just hasn't taken off here as if our cars are stolen we get paid out by insurance.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu4.2
1,085 Posts
Lowjacking has been around for a while.
It just hasn't taken off here as if our cars are stolen we get paid out by insurance.
It's a pity insurance won't pay the full value and I think most of us would prefer to keep our own rigs as they difficult to replace

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
It's a pity insurance won't pay the full value and I think most of us would prefer to keep our own rigs as they difficult to replace
And how can you put a price on the years we spend building them.

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,407 Posts
I guess if you want that money you would have to have a higher agreed value and probably higher premiums..

Reactions: Stropp

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,407 Posts
It's the thousands of dollars of gear that you carry in them that is hard to cover with insurance.
You can cover it by specifying it in your insurance policy but be prepared to pay the premium!

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,795 Posts
Didn't look good to me. If someone takes your car out into the country, there is not much chance of a constable phone being in the area.
AS Dronus has pointed out. Tracking tech for cars is old news, you can kit your car out for $100 that are so small that any lowlife who takes your car would never find it, and you know where it is within 2 mts in any country if you want the comfort that brings.

In some places you can get a discount for insurance if you have one fitted.

The Track R covers a different niche to me. It's for people who lose their keys, wallets and phones all the time.

Think I will buy a few for my son. Always losing his chit...

If fact, my wife could possibly benefit with one for finding her wine glass, after she has polished off the first bottle she is always looking for her glass, and in the morning I will find 2-3 half drunk glasses around the place … :roll:

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,795 Posts
Check out the "Car Zapper 9000". It might discourage the low life's from taking your car.
lol, yes it would, but what use is a car to you when you are in jail.

Coz that is where your going if you fit one...

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,351 Posts
Around 2020 "The Internet of Things" should be taking off. That will enable most devices to be controlled, tracked, monitored, etc externally. Wrong ass on your car seat, doors lock and car drives itself to the local cop station. Go through a red light, your car drives you to the local cop station:). Daughter's boyfriends heartbeat goes up in the back seat of your car, ejector seat fires...

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
Around 2020 "The Internet of Things" should be taking off. That will enable most devices to be controlled, tracked, monitored, etc externally. Wrong ass on your car seat, doors lock and car drives itself to the local cop station. Go through a red light, your car drives you to the local cop station:). Daughter's boyfriends heartbeat goes up in the back seat of your car, ejector seat fires...

Air Horn loud enough to break ear drums under the seat on a 20 sec delay after normal alarm...

Although It would be pointless steeling my ute. Very hard to spend the money when you are dead

·
Registered
nissan
978 Posts
How big or an air tank would you need for a 20 second blast of a train horn?

Would you drive around with ear muffs on as a precaution if it misfires?

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu111
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I though it would've good for dirt bikes and push bikes , I have a mtb worth about 2k and a few years ago one worth about 6k .

If the mtb got stolen easy to find cars already have trackers but for dirt bikes and pushies that can get as expensive or more expensive than some people's cars would be a great idea because of its size

1 - 19 of 19 Posts