Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

Time to introduce my Y60 Safari. I’ve owned it for 3 odd years and enjoyed every minute of driving/modding/repairing it. There were times when I wanted to sell it to buy TD42 powered Y60 but couldn’t find any decent SWB in our country (Jap imports are banned in Kazakhstan since recent time).
So I gave up. Though my GQ hasn’t been giving me hard times and worked just fine.

Now it has around 250000 km on the clock, doesn’t play up a lot, so far changed vacuum and water pumps, starter and of course the whole suspension. I don’t mention timing and other belts, bulbs and fuses, it’s just obvious :)

RD28T under the hood, auto g/box.

Engine mods – manual boost controller, EGR blocking plate. 3" exhaust turbo-back coming soon.

Suspension mods - 5” EFS coils + EFS Elite 100 series cruiser shocks, EFS Extreme damper, superior's drop boxes, extended sway bar links, extended rear upper control arms.

Both front and rear drive shafts have double uni joints.

Body mods – front guards (rear side) and rear quarter chop, Bushranger flares, alloy bullbar.

Wheels – 33x12.5x15 Kumho KL71’s on 15x10” alloys.

Future mods: rear custom bar, sliders, front ARB locker, T-case 43% reduction kit, auto box cooler, maybe intercooler, lift pump. Not sure if it’s an end of the list though.

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks T0nka.

Rear bar is in progress. Corners are nearly ready, thinking about putting aluminium stock step (with the metal under) in the middle. Will require some cutting though. Just drawn how I plan this to look like.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
112 Posts
They are awesome looking rim's you have there mate. Any chance you know what they are?

Tim

·
Registered
nissan patrol
315 Posts
nice shorty mate. is the auto original? if so could you give me the code for it off the compliance plate please??? :cheers:

edit: done some more searching, is it RE4R03A ??

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are awesome looking rim's you have there mate. Any chance you know what they are?

Tim
Tim, I brought them from UAE (Sharjah), don't know who the manufacturer is and I've been told that they're made either in Taiwan or China. On the center cap there is "GTS performance wheels" sticker, but it could be any other name ;)

Rims are qute light and tough. 10" wide and -45 offset. Seen some of these sold at local bazaar.

nice shorty mate. is the auto original? if so could you give me the code for it off the compliance plate please??? :cheers:

edit: done some more searching, is it RE4R03A ??
Auto is original. Looks like 03A is TD42's box, RD28T has RE4R01A.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Thanks Hushta!
(Your Safari is nice too)

Rear has nothing, thinking about either LSD or locker.
looks like you've got the magic orange lsd sticker on the rear diff. unless the centres have been changed? maybe try some good lsd oil in the rear.

nice 4wd. i those rims look good on the shorty

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Tks coily, apart from what I mentioned in the post 1, just remebered about spacers ~20 mm high, between the chasis and transfercase xmember. And, when you put longer upper rear arms, you should adjust rear coils's plates on the axle (otherwise coils would be "banana" shape rubbing against the shock) and shock's lower mounts.

One more video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMzg-8rAYQA

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got superior's drop boxes arrived (thanks Shane from suspension stuff), will put them in soon.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
A bit of update. Last weekend changed front axle housing and fitted Superior's 4-5" Drop Boxes. I found that there's still not enough castor (expected this) for 5" coils and now thinking of what else to fit to get this right. I don't want to go back to poly castor bushes, so maybe I'll think of making some DIY castor plates. But even with not good enough castor I feel great improvement.

Attachments

·
Registered
Nissan Safari
5 Posts
Костя, привет! ))))
Как вобще твои дела? Давно тебя не слышал.
Сколько обошлись тебе эти дроп боксы?

·
If you drive a box you get box
1,115 Posts
Loving the shorty ;) Looks the goods

1 - 20 of 64 Posts