Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Central locking appear to operate when closing a door

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  g@z 
#1 ·
Howdy,

Got an occasional issue with the GU. Sometimes when I open the drivers door using the key (don't have a remote) and I get in and close the door, when the door closes all of the doors make the clunk sound as if the central locking has been activated. I've not pushed any buttons and my hand is not near them.

Mechanic had it for a day and could not duplicate the issue and thought I was nuts. When I picked the car up at the end of the day he got in passenger side and I got in drivers side and closed the drivers door ... 'clunk'.

Anyone had this issue and can tell me where to look? Thanks!

Regards,
g@z.

#3 ·
You can reprogram the alarm to do different functions like valet mode, auto lock, auto unlock and few more. I pm you instructions once I'm home or in one two days.

Your currently in auto lock and this normal.

#7 ·
This is a simple issue. You have a dodgy central locking actuator/solenoid. If it's after market then expect to be replacing them soon. Once they start doing this, you can adjust them but they're generally on their way to death.

It could be electrical but in most cases of central locking issues where they lock/unlock by themselves, its a solenoid.

#8 ·
subject

I had a similar issue with mine, which I cured by disconnecting the C/L module (behind the kick panel, beside the throttle pedal) and giving it a good dose of WD40. Mine would lock me out, if I slammed the door too hard....I soon learned to carry the spare key in my pocket at all times...just in case!

Two years and no probs since the above treatment.

#9 ·
I've worked out why the mechanic couldn't reproduce the issue and I can. He must not have been closing the door using the inside handle and I did.

The other night I tried wiggling the cable between the door and the body and no joy. I could not reproduce the issue.

Yesterday I was parking the car at work and it happened. I did something and it went off but I hadn't closed the door properly so I pulled on the inside handle and it went off again before the door had even closed. So I held the door open and pulled hard on the internal handle and each time I put force on it the noise occurred.... so there is something in the handle that's doing it! This where all the switches for the factory electric windows and central locking are, so it's got to be that. Looking at the screw in the bottom of the hand well, there does appear to be movement so i'll pull it apart and have a look and see if something is loose, or i'll give it a tighten and see if that does the trick.

Will update you all later!

Regards,
g@z.

#10 ·
First you locate the box it's normally behind glove box or in center of dash. On box you see a two pin female socket. Make up a push button with enough wire to locate the button to hidden place. I connected mine to obd socket as shown below. The button need to be nun lock type like spring push button. One done here are modes.

Nissan alarm modes:

Turn ignition to on position. Press button once to override alarm / deactivate alarm. To arm repeat.

Key thob only: Silent mode audio only: press key thob arm and disarm at same time to go into stealth mode.

To override alarm system: to turn off alarm with out using key thob. Turn ignition to on. Press override button once quick. You here the box click.

No lights no siren no chirp: ignition to on and long press off override button. You will here the box click.

I can do more detail wire up as you should also fix a led so you can see the button press status.

#11 ·
Had the exact same problem. Doesn't lock but sounds like it - made me edgy out in the bush ... Difficult to replicate. Changed actuator - no real change. Put on the extra earth cable (see other threads re this) and the problem is all but gone. Might still happen occasionally but can't remember the last time.

#14 ·
I pulled the switch panel out and the entire handle seemed loose. On closer inspection the bottom of the screw hole in the handle has broken off so the screw is not holding the handle. Looks like I've have to get a new one.

Once back together still with the broken part, it seems to go back together better and tighter and the problem is reduced quite a bit, but still does it every now and then.

I'll let you know what happens once I get a new one!

Regards,
g@z.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.