Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am struggling to find a solution to my central locking in my 1997 gq. Firstly my remote has power as the light comes on but it doesn't unlock any of the doors. First problem.
On top of that when I use the key in the front driver side door only that door will unlock when I turn the key. Can someone please help because I can't find anything online and it would just make life easier.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Is your vehicle battery flat? That's exactly what mine did when the battery died (when I still had central locking) sounds very obvious but thought I'd check.

·
Registered
319 Posts
You will find the design of the rear doors is the main issue. the factory actuators are fighting against the mechanism to lock and unlock the door. The button is at the front of the door and the mechanism at the back. The long push rods required to operate with added dust and dirt pushes them hard. if you are lucky all you will need to do it open up the door card and clean and lubricated the mechanism to make the rear door actuators work. Worst case scenario which I have had a number of times is the plastic gear that pushes and pulls to unlock breaks. If this is the case you have to replace the entire actuator

·
Every dog has his day
18,158 Posts
How does a faulty rear actuator cause the remote to fail to operate the front doors?????

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Do the rear doors lock or unlock from the passengers front door?

If nothing works I would start by checking all fuses and the connections to the control unit. Aftermarket control units were normally installed around the steering column. Replace the scotchlocs that were more then likely used in the installation.

If the central locking works from the passengers front door, check the wire that runs to the driver side door actuator for breaks, where it runs between the door and the body. The insulation on the wires might still be intact but the wire could be broken inside. If ok inspect the driver door actuator.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts