Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prior to getting the above done, would it be wise to get the intake and exhaust manifold flanges skimmed flush even if they are cast?

How much would I be looking at to get this done?

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
I would if i were you and money wasn't a huge issue.

I used to get V8 inlet manifolds skimmed for about $80. Pretty much any engine machine shop should be able to do it.

But first I'd run a straight edge over the faces and see how good they are in the first place.

Cheers

Justin

·
Registered
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was talking to a few coating mobs late this arvo about it and they all said the same, check them with a straight edge, diagonally then longditudinally.

Ill see how they go and get them done if needed. Most places said they were nissan and they will be fine, going from RB motors which the RD manifolds are bodged from.

·
Registered
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True.

Also the RD28 manifolds due to the non crossflow design are held on each corner of every port so theres little chance they can actually warp. Righteous bastards to get off though. The very end studs tucked up under the intake manifold needed a pivoting socket drive to get in there.

And about a week of penetrol before hand and that was only on a spare motor in the middle of the shed. The one in the patrol I am not looking forward too :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts