Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to working on cars so I was hoping someone could give me a write up on how to change the fuel filter on a 89 GQ TB42 on LPG and petrol (carby). I've done an oil and filter change and the air filter and would love to learn how to do the fuel filter too. Thanks for any help.

Cheers.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
buy yourself a gregorys or haynes manual,
You'll find it invaluable. Theres all sorts of good generic car stuff in the front of the gregorys.

Yeah I could have just answered your question, but You'll have a heap more questions which that book will answer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the previous owner included those with the sale. Will try and dig them out. Will it give detailed instructions on how to do it? Even for someone as clueless as me!

·
Registered
nissan
377 Posts
You just replace the old filter undo the in and out hoses on the old filter and re attach them to the new one, have you located the filter yet? As it's pretty self explanatory just looking at it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, haven had a chance to take a look yet. Hoping I can at least find it easily enough. Is fuel gonna go everywhere when I disassemble it?

·
Registered
47 Posts
um pretty much it will just pop off its hanging thing then u just undo the hose clamps and gently pull the fuel hose off then put the new one on

·
Registered
nissan
377 Posts
Ok, haven had a chance to take a look yet. Hoping I can at least find it easily enough. Is fuel gonna go everywhere when I disassemble it?

A little fuel will come out but not much, the filter is at a high point so sfa comes out. It's the small most likely white plastic canister on the drivers side in front of the battery with a hose in and out on the top.

But as mentioned get hold of a manual lots of good info with pictures in there

1 - 8 of 8 Posts