Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have consulted both the Factory manual and the Consumers manual and neither have offered a step by step guide of how to remove both the front and rear rotors.

Ive done this plenty of times in passenger cars, but not in a 4WD.
The rears shouldnt be much different than a passenger car but the fronts are not what im used to.
I have a fair idea on what to do, but its the hub section that is where my knowledge is falling short.
The Patrol has manual locking hubs which im assuming needs to be removed.
Is it as simple as removing the hex headed bolts and sliding them off, then remove the rotor from the hub or is there going to be more to it?
Do i need to buy a 54mm hub socket for the job or any other special tools that are a 'must have' to make it easier?

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
a 54 mm socket wll make life alot easier

the rear is dead easy , just remove the brakes and it falls off

the front needs the brakes and bearng hub assembly taken off , not very hard just the locking tabs can be fiddley

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
... and sometimes, the front rotors are rust welded to the hub. Mine took a lot of taping and 1500lbs on a press to separate them. I cleaned up the hub with a wire wheel and then gave it a nice coating of anti seize compound before putting them back together.

You will need new wheel bearing seals to do the front. You should also check your wheel bearings and repack them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts