Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Does anyone have a spare decent intercooler they would like to sell?

Ours has been damaged from the fan sitting ontop...(a warning for those installing top mount plastic fans) -make sure you place decent rubber padding between fan casing and tanks of intercooler otherwise the fan will rub into the soft metal of the tanks!

Anyways, murphys law that this happen just befor easter...Im not cashed up enough to fork out $550 for a new tank..so hoping someone on the forum might have a semi decent secondhand one available..??

Cheers! Isha

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
ring up a few wreckers. There's acouple of specific 4x4 ones in brisbane. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nahh aparently cant be welded where its worn through... Just going to patch with some exhaust style putty for a temp fix till I track one down... calling brissy wreckers as suggested - no wreckers here in Townsville has one..

·
Registered
nissan patrol
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still looking!

Still looking...if anyone sees or hears of one...
Wrecker in brissy has one for $440...but too much $ for me..especially when I can get a new one for $100 more!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi there.
I had my intercooler recored with a really good quality core that is much more efficient and had it welded into the end tanks, much more vibration resistant than the standard nippondenso crappy core. Cost me $550 and will last a bloody long time, I had a fan **** itself on top too & the better core handled it ok. Get a Davies craig fan like I did, they are dearer but much stronger & you will not regret it - they are under $100 on ebay.
Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts