Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday,

i have a 99 TI GU Wagon with a 4.5L petty.

If someone knows where i can get a set of these from i would appreciate any information.

Second Hand, New, or otherwise......

is there a non-genuine brand out there?

CHEERS :D

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Brunswick Diesel in Perth, $300 a set last time mate asked.

·
Registered
nissan
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Diff Gears

Serious??!! Soooo 600 to do front and rear?

that seems cheap.

·
Registered
nissan GU iv 2006
1,717 Posts
Serious??!! Soooo 600 to do front and rear?

that seems cheap.
no, that would be just for the C&P, you would have to get them put in at a diff joint, then add seals and bearings to that aswell.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Brunswick Diesel in Perth, $300 a set last time mate asked.

·
Registered
nissan
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
??

So are you saying the 4.3s wont fit?

·
Registered
nissan
284 Posts
me?
kind of correct, the run of the mill ratio's that everyone refers to that suit all Nissan Patrols, will not fit the H260 commonly found in the 4.5ltr petrol GU Nissan Patrol.

You can get 4.3 ratio's for the H260, BUT they are normally expensive, as there is not as much volume in sales for the importer/manufacturer.

Good luck with it, if you get stuck I can try and find some for you.

Cheers

This is all for the rear, the front is the same through out the models.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
I have a 4.375 set in a H260 LSD centre, the whole 3rd member.
Also a H233 front gearset, that is a ring gear and pinion only.
They are out of a diesel GQ leaf ute. 265000km. I just drained the diffs and removed them from the vehicle yesterday and they had the correct oils in them.

PM me if interested. Putting the whole 3rd member in will save a lot of work, you'll only need to fuss about with alignment and bearings in the front then.
I'm in Perth but can put it on a pallet and deliver to a freight company for a fee.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Brunswicks convert more patrols a year than anyone wrecks. Call them, tell them what car you have, what year, what gearbox, etc.

They wont screw you around... much cheapr than $1000 per diff for new genuine ones.

·
Registered
nissan
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gday - still looking!!

can someone tell me how i check to see if i have the H260 Diff in the rear???
its a TI with the Factory rear locker in it if this helps at all.

seems that the fronts are the same as others thankfully. is the fronts called a H233 as MikeH has said?

if someone could enlighten me more as to this i would be over the moon.

Thanks

·
Registered
nissan
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Matty

VIN: JN1TBSY61A0112656

see what you can find out - Cheers

·
Registered
Nissan
66 Posts
Well by my nissan fast here at work it says it has a h233b in the rear and not the bigger h260 like most 4.5 do have may be due its an auto not sure on that? I do know my 4.5 has the h260 and i am looking to change my diff gears soon hope that helps

·
Registered
Nissan GUII 3L Patrol
388 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can tell just by looking, the H260 diff housing is larger than the 233 to accomodate the larger crown wheel. ( all standard front gu diffs are 233 )

I have a 233B in the front and 260 at the rear and the size difference is noticable

lie under your car ( in the centre ) look left ... Look right you will see if they are different.

·
Resident Social Democrat
6,258 Posts
The H260 rear is noticeably larger. However, if you do have a h233, it does make getting 4.3 gears a bit easier in that the rb30 (3.0 litre petrol) GQ's had 4.3 gears in h233 diffs.

If you DID have h260, alot of GU ZD30's manuals (not auto) have h260's with 4.3's.

What truckster said about Brunswick Diesels applies to any place that does diesel V8 swaps. They'll take out 4.3's and 4.6's (RD28's) and install 4.1's and 3.9's. Brunswick's and Linquip in Qld would arguably be cheapest as they do the most swaps.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts