Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Nissan Patrol Wagon RD28ETi
441 Posts
Put some pictures of the car, that will help us. Or you could go to wikipaedia and search Nissan patrol. I has info on all models since the 50/60"s. The Y60 model started in 1988. Try to find any other plates that may have a VIN or year of manufacture. The fact that the it has rusted screws holding the plate on, suggests it may not be an original plate.

Vehicle ID systems changed in the 80's to the VIN system. But depending on where and when your vehicle was sold will have bearing on the use of a VIN early on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will be posting pics of the vehicle. As i mentioned earlier, it’s Y60 all over, but this plate is not adding up to it. Even the engine number written on this plate is the same as on the engine block but this chassis number is confusing. I’ll try to find other tags also if there are any on the vehicle. Can you please mention any place other than door sil to look for the VIN or Chassis number??

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
3,780 Posts
Is it RHD?

Maybe @y60kuro can help…? My understanding is that JDM vehicles at the time did not use the global 17-digit VIN system, so it might be a vehicle that was originally sold into the Japanese domestic market and later imported into your country.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup, it’s a RHD with TD42 engine. I’ve checked the frame (Chassis) also and the same number is punched on that. It’s 90 Model Nissan Safari as per documents but the chassis does not show Y60 anywhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts