Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve just bought my third set of aftermarket hubs. The first two sets were around $300 and worked ok but my bad workmanship in sealing them allowed water in and they corroded.
We’ll I just ordered another set with the price down to $80. Very cheap. These are of a different standard, the quality looks bad and I wouldn’t recommend them. The roller bearings that hold the hubs together look like mild steel. Definatly not a precision part like the others were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have had my red cheap ebay"rok" which just look like avm's free wheeling hubs which I swapped out from the old auto ones for couple years now and alot of off roading and other than replacing all the bolts in them they have given me 0 dramas!!!! In saying that I don't have alot of faith in them but if it ain't broke don't fix it

·
Registered
nissan
456 Posts
I've run AVM hubs on my (very heavy twin locked) GU since January with 0 issues. Having said that, I needed to adjust a wheel bearing the other day before a trip and tore the hub gaskets taking them out. Fast forward a month and a few water crossings, will be interesting to see the internal condition when I fit the new gaskets...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts