Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ GU
1,299 Posts
mate for that price it AINT Cheap!???

I would go the TigerzII with the plasma for $50 more and have the National Backup from a company that will stand by what they import. Lots of them getting around now too for sure.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
I wouldn't touch either of those. The 12,000lb one looks scarly small, i wouldn't trust it and the 9,500lb one is over priced, I would rather get a Tigerz11, Ironman, Tmax, etc for the same price or cheaper.

·
Registered
nissan
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tigerz11 are $800, cant see the $50 difference??

·
Registered
nissan
796 Posts
if your going to buy a cheap winch, why not just buy the super cheap one thats on special at the moment, at least then you got somewhere to take it back to WHEN its craps it self
spend the money and get a tigers 12,000lb single speed or ironman one

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
Tigerz11 are $800, cant see the $50 difference??
Its $745 for a 12,000lb with steel cable rather than the 9,500lb with steel cable you have in your link.

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
Cheap winch = Hand winch
Cheap electric winch = Failure?????

·
Registered
nissan patrol
154 Posts
c how u go 1 day in a big bog hole with no 1 around and it ****s its self. i say buy right buy once

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
I just brought a 9500 winch from suercheap for $348 with a 1 year warranty beat that!
$348!! I would value my own and my families life at more than that!

Still be careful as your warranty won't be much good to you when your by yourself and winch burns out and you have no mobile reception.

·
Registered
NISSAN
495 Posts
Gotta Supa crap one myself and works a treat!!! $349.00 I'll certainly take that. Cash left over for other goodies now. Got bogged to the side steps on small incline and winch me out just fine. Short bursts and off we goooooooooooooo....! And if it ****s it self I just take it back to Supa crap. And if I'm stuck up woop woop, I wouldn't be by myself anyway... Always go two up :)

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
So what happens if it fails while your winching up a steep hill (its the only thing holdin gyou from going 400kph backwards down a mountain) and it fails?
Im with Sim, my families worth more than $300

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
i dont see what price has to do with reliability ( to an extent), i have seen plenty of people complaining about their (insert well known brand) winch when it has failed , so from what i have seen , it seems the good brands fail as much as the no name brands

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Well known good ones usually only have a failure because of owner neglect or abuse. Some seem to think they are a non maintenance item. A cheapy usually fails cos it's just crap.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts