Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 ZD30 DI Y61 GU
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently snapped my tensioner bolt and drive belt resulting in my engine light coming on. I got it towed to my mates place where he took off the tensioner (Belt was taken off when it was snapped as I pulled over), I got on a new tensioner and belt however the check engine light still hasn't turned off. Just wondering if anyone has come across a similar situation and what you've done to fix it.

Just a quick FYI, engine has all liquids full as well and has no clear indication on whats wrong.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
49,667 Posts
Recently snapped my tensioner bolt and drive belt resulting in my engine light coming on. I got it towed to my mates place where he took off the tensioner (Belt was taken off when it was snapped as I pulled over), I got on a new tensioner and belt however the check engine light still hasn't turned off. Just wondering if anyone has come across a similar situation and what you've done to fix it.

Just a quick FYI, engine has all liquids full as well and has no clear indication on whats wrong.
If engine light is on there is a code in the ECU, if you don't have access to an ECUTalk or scan toll to get the code, you can download the bible from the DI archives to get instructions on how to get codes manually.
Have a look at the crank angle sensor that sits above the harmonic balancer, this could have been damaged when the belt broke.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.