Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's about time I put my patrol here too. The plan is to turn it into a long range solo tourer for us to explore as much of Australia as possible.

I moved to Oz in January 2010, and after finding my feet bought a 96 GQ LWB, 4.2L diesel. It had 260,000Kms on the clock, a compressor under the bonnet and a nasty alloy bullbar:

1st mods were a trip to ARB, got 2” OME lift, steel winch bar, snorkel (lots of water up here!), UHF radio, 2nd battery and was due a roof top tent. ARB promised and did not deliver, but TJM Darwin were able to step in and supply one of theirs, with a half length roof basket to complete the roof:

Next major change involved a department of the interior roof console and a Barrett 250 HF radio. I put this in myself, and it was the biggest headache ever! I'm still not confident on the HF earthing, and plan to get it checked out before any long trips.

<will have to take a photo of this...>

Most recently I've been back to TJM for a long range auxiliary fuel tank.

<it looks like a long range tank, so I'll not take a photo of this!>

Next on the cards is a Millweld dual wheel carrier, 6 new wheels and tyres. I'm also wanting to get some water tanks custom made. 1 will go under the rear seats, and maybe another over a wheel arch in the back.

Once that is complete I think I may have finished this particular project. All that is left is to find where the water is leaking from... Oh, and to figure out what GVM actually means, and if it is important!

Just hope I don't get deported before it's all done...

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,092 Posts
looks sweet mate! keep us informed!

·
Registered
nissan
303 Posts
Nice ride mate. GVM means Gross Vehicle Mass, which, is the heaviest the vehicle can way fully loaded.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts