Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys looking to outfit the family a 3 and 4 year old plus me and the missus with quad bikes to do some touring along the beaches.

Anyone have an positive input about these imports?

Was thinking 2 250cc for us and 50-80 cc automatics for the tackers....

All input appreciated, the good/bad and ugly.

Cheers Pete

·
Registered
nissan
176 Posts
we had a couple, frames snapped, caliper bolts came off and binded the caliper to disc, brake hose melted on the exhaust when the bolts on the head snapped off (fencing wire fixed that but sadly not the brakes)

They are a dog to ride. Generally they can be OK... if they are treated well, and when purchased stripped the bolts and loctite them, i can say they can be good for a beginner.

I think they are good for the little tackers to start off on but wouldn't recommend then for an adult, they just cant handle the abuse that us boys throw at them. Lucky we got them for nothing.
Personally id say save your pennies and buy something half decent if you are wanting to keep them for a while. And maybe start the kids off on them and move up to something better as their skills progress.

Thats my 2 cents anyway, good luck they can be a lot of fun.
Cheers

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Unless ya wanna spent 3-5,000+ on a decent 250cc ,the cheaper chinese 250cc quads are the go
The HUMMER 250cc quad here are $1600 new in semi kit form
Value for money excellent
They can be had in either manual or auto
For the tackers youll be surprised how much go the 100-110cc quads have
With my fat arrrrsss on a 110cc i can spin the tyres standing start and fish tail all day
They are good cheap fun
They will never be a Honda or Polaris but they are alot cheaper
Good entry level toys

At least IF down the track you decide its not for you ,
You havent shelled out alot and wont loose alot

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
154 Posts
these chinese build quads are real crap.
bolts snapping off or falling out very poor engine quality and quality control that consists only of making sure everything is fitted but not if its done properly.
Keep the money in your pocket and buy quality.

had one myself and set it on fire to ged rid of it. makes a great campfire though

·
"NOW TAKING BRIBES"
nissan
5,282 Posts
Just be very careful, a guy at work bought one and there steering geometry was very wrong, it would try to drag the wheels under itself when turning sharp, and even at low speeds it was death to rider!

·
Registered
nissan
173 Posts
i had 2 of them a 50cc auto and a 90cc auto me and the missus flogged the crap out of them and nothing ever broke i used to ride the 90 down to the servo to get the sat paper couldnt kill them mind you i got them cheap.

on a better not where i used to race go karts they have race classes for all these chinese bike from quads to poket racers and super motard and not a lot break bits and pieces of them and they get flogged

·
Registered
nissan gu
1,195 Posts
We had ours for 5 years with numerous trips to Stockton bch, bush riding etc it was a water cooled 200cc & it was brilliant! sold it a few weeks back without any problems with it & got a really good price for it....I'd recomend them for sure.....never once had any probs with it.

·
Registered
636 Posts
My opinion

Buy second hand, good quality, that way when you sell them you get most of your money back.

If you buy chinese crap then you just throw the money down the drain.

I was in the same boat a few weeks ago and I bought a 1985 yamaha 80cc for the kids ( $250 ), and a Suzuki Vinsen 2005 ( 4wd, 4 stroke good cond, $3000 ).

2 years ago I bought 2 wheelers for the kids and then spent the same as the purchase price getting them to a ridable condition.

I will never buy Chineese again, Except the tools, Microwave, TV, DVD player, Quilt cover, Washing Machine, Dryer, Lawn Mower, Mobile Phone, Computer, ( is there anything thats not built in China these days? )

Seriously though, DO NOT BUY THIER MOTORBIKES.

Cheers Gordo'

·
Registered
nissan patrol
25 Posts
had a Kazuma Jaguar 500cc at work, plenty of power and would go anywhere with 4wd drive and front diff lock, but nothing but endless electrical problems, charging system failed, cdi unit replaced about 4 times, starter solenoid replaced 3 times, wheel bearings, brakes etc, got sick of fixing it until the boss gave in and bought a new yamaha, thats on a dairy farm so it was treated quite roughly as well

1 - 11 of 11 Posts