Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please help me with some information? I have bought a Chinese turbo kit for my TD42 and have probably made a big mistake the flange on the manifold is cast too far towards the back of the engine and when the turbo is fitted there is not enough clearance between the turbo and the heater box pipes to fit an exhaust outlet. Has anyone ever seen one done or have a solution?

Thanks,
Wayne. :headwall:

·
Registered
Nissan
1,243 Posts
Pretty much every high mount manifold has the same issue. You can fit a 3" dump. It just needs to have a very tight radius.

·
Registered
nissan
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for this advice but I don't even think I could fit 1.75 inch pipe without removing the heater hoses or squashing the pipe flat which would defeat the purpose. I have sent photos to the supplier and they have agreed to refund money but I had to grind the manifold to clear the engine no boss on the block. I have been a mechanic for 27 years and have built off road racers, drag cars and race boats from scratch and am not scared of the grinder or oxy but this had me stuffed and looking at my setup find it hard to believe that without butchery it couldn't be done. Thanks again

·
Registered
nissan
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sound advice I think supplier has agreed to refund after seeing pictures. I will never do this again. Thanks

·
Registered
TD42 converted GU
127 Posts
Definitely will fit, I Have an internally gated gt35 with a 3 inch dump hanging of my eBay hi mount manifold, it's tight but it fits. Your exhaust shop must be willing to be creative and you will probably have to re rout the heater hoses. Definitely worth wrapping the dump pipe in fiberglass as well to shield anything that's close from the heat.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
heater hoses are on drivers side are they , exhaust is on passagers side diesel line are close to to exhaust outlet but a sheet metal shield can fix that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts