Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Beaudesert 3"exhaust and Steinbauer module went in last Friday and the difference is unbelievable. Because both went in at the same time, I don't know where to apportion the greatest credit. What I can say without getting technical, is that the immediate power when accelerating is brilliant, fuel consumption pulling the 30foot van seems improved and towing ability is much better with much less gear change. The fitter ran out of time so the pyro will be finished off this week. The Patrol temp gauge held tight where it always does, the engine did not appear over worked at all and there was no hint of smoke (which I was warned to expect). I looked into these mods very carefully given that the Patrol is only a few months old. I am confident I have made a good investment for the trip around Oz.:p:p:p

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hey mate, that info is great to hear. I have the pyro and boost guages and a Steinbauer, just need my exhaust, first question is where did you have the exhaust fitted? and have you blocked the EGR and a catch can? If so who done that for you?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The exhaust is a Beaudesert exhaust fitted by North West Offroad in Devonport, Tasmania. I fitted the Steinbauer. Once the pyro goes in, that will do me for engine mods. I have not blocked the EGR nor put in a catch can.I may put in a can down the track. I will leave it be for the moment - I have other accessories I need/want.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The Beaudesert 3"exhaust and Steinbauer module went in last Friday and the difference is unbelievable. Because both went in at the same time, I don't know where to apportion the greatest credit. What I can say without getting technical, is that the immediate power when accelerating is brilliant, fuel consumption pulling the 30foot van seems improved and towing ability is much better with much less gear change. The fitter ran out of time so the pyro will be finished off this week. The Patrol temp gauge held tight where it always does, the engine did not appear over worked at all and there was no hint of smoke (which I was warned to expect). I looked into these mods very carefully given that the Patrol is only a few months old. I am confident I have made a good investment for the trip around Oz.:p:p:p
How would you rate the increase in Sound/Noise levels inside the vehicle, after the mods ?
My wife has thrown down the gauntlet...."if you wreck another car......"

The last one was a TD5 Defender, after the pipes were changed, she ran like a Dream, but forget any conversations in the cabin.....lol.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would say there is absolutely minimal change in noise in the cabin. There is a bit of a rumble when you switch the ignition off. I reckon the exhaust noise changed a bit outside the cabin, bit did not increase that much.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would say there is absolutely minimal change in noise in the cabin. There is a bit of a rumble when you switch the ignition off. I reckon the exhaust noise changed a bit outside the cabin, bit did not increase that much.
Cheers, exactly what I wanted to hear........much appreciated...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi antman,

What do you have your steinbauer set at just out of interest?

Guys

Whoever is interested in hearing the sound difference on the 3inch exhaust when i am back in melb i'll take a video clip of mine and post in on u tube so you guys can have a listen.

Cheers,
George

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi antman,

What do you have your steinbauer set at just out of interest?

Guys

Whoever is interested in hearing the sound difference on the 3inch exhaust when i am back in melb i'll take a video clip of mine and post in on u tube so you guys can have a listen.

Cheers,
George
That would be great, thx George.
Im desperately trying to sneak this one past the missus. LOL I don't think I will, after 20 odd years she reads me like a book.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
George, my unit has the dial. I was told that when in the 12 o'clock position, it is at 20% and suitable for otherwise standard vehicles. I have mine at about 2 o'clock which would be about 50%. I have a smooth idle and no smoke. I have noticed in fourth gear, I very occasionally get a bit of a lag for some reason. I have only had it in a week, so will play around over the next few weeks. I took the 2700kg van away last weekend and the Patrol performed exceptionally -easily keeping with my father in law towing a 1700kg van.
Anthony

·
Registered
75 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
As i've mentioned before and I will mention again If putting a Larger exhaust on a CRD you will need a boost gauge as your boost will do some eratic things, trust me Ive been there before that is why i run the stock exhaust now.

With the exhaust use to run the steinbaur at 110% but with standard exhaust its just set at 100% on the DIP switches.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hello Voids,

I have not had any erratic behaviour with my CRD and the larger exhaust. The most i have ever seen boost at with the exhaust on is 17psi. And again thats only for a split second. My CRD was worse with the standard exhaust. I saw a boost spike as high as 20.8psi with the standard exhaust. With the chip and exhaust im getting better boost control. I have my chip set at 115%.

But i guess there are so many Patrols on here and peoples cars are behaving differently to different modifications.

My opinions..

Cheers,
George

1 - 12 of 12 Posts