Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
401 Posts
Im watching the news and it looks real bad, Very sad to see.

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,775 Posts
I'm not worried, the Y60 will survive 2012. I hope those in NZ will as well. It's not fun wondering whose alive and whose dead.

·
Previously known as twodiffs
1991 GQ Safari.
3,684 Posts
In Akaroa (90 km away from ChCh)...we only just got powerback on.
It's not good!! My better half lives in ChCh and she's ok but ****!!...there's damage this time and we are getting aftershocks in Akaroa every 5 minutes....BIG aftershocks.

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
In Akaroa (90 km away from ChCh)...we only just got powerback on.
It's not good!! My better half lives in ChCh and she's ok but ****!!...there's damage this time and we are getting aftershocks in Akaroa every 5 minutes....BIG aftershocks.
Just saw it on the news. Looks bad. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

·
1991 GQ Safari.
3,684 Posts
65 confirmed dead...so far.

·
1991 GQ Safari.
3,684 Posts
I was on a sub floor fixing joists to bearers (hill side section) at the time...it stopped all of us in our tracks....didn't think it would result in this :sad:

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
Seen some pics on MSN not nice at all hope not too high a toll

Biggest thought is this last, except for after shocks, or beginning of something bigger???

will be an uneasy night for those in area

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
a stresed fault unrelated from the last big one, hundred small aftershocks trigger another fault to go,

·
Banned
2,050 Posts
Hi,

I know lives have been lost, but I hope everyone else is OK. It is a terrible thing that has happened. When we Aussies take the P!$$ out of Kiwis, it is only in fun. You are more like brothers than we like to admit !

Regards B M

1 - 20 of 145 Posts