Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the present I was given by the missus, well kind off, I still have to pay for half.

It's a 1964 Holden EH special, 1990 VN v6, 4 speed auto, LSD, 4 wheel discs, HK Monaro seats and Air cond. Doesn't need much work just a clean up in engine bay, and tidy up the wiring and dash. Paint and panel is about 99 percent.

Future plans include either supercharged & stroked v6 or a small block chevy v8, not for a while though.

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/...88/SDC10444.jpg
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/...88/SDC10446.jpg
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/...88/SDC10447.jpg
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/...88/SDC10449.jpg
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/...88/SDC10451.jpg

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
I'd just enjoy it. It's a classic and a proper car-shaped car.

Sometimes these oldies can benefit from a thorough suspension tune-up and new comfort gas shock absorbers. I'd give it the works in that department including tyres and balancing and also check springs,bearings and bushes.

Good luck...it's a keeper.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Nice car. The only thing I'd do is put some older more EH suitable mags on it. maybe widened stockys.. specially if your going the blower etc, go low line and go the sleeper on it.
great solid old cars... You do realise if you melted it down you'd have enough metal to make 30 new taxidores!

·
Registered
Nissan
1,671 Posts
DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
I had one but it got stolen. Still have the receipts for it - ($80 000) ground up rebuild and ran a 12.35 at Willowbank. Wheels cost me the most at $2000ea from the states.
Enjoy the australias finest vechile ever made.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had one but it got stolen. Still have the receipts for it - ($80 000) ground up rebuild and ran a 12.35 at Willowbank. Wheels cost me the most at $2000ea from the states.
What were you running to get 12.35 i will be happy to get 14s with a streetable engine, 12s in my dreams. Any pics, i need ideas on how to tidy up the inside.

·
Registered
nissan
1,482 Posts
My early.....

Sorry for hijack but thought you'd appreciate it ;)

·
Registered
nissan
98 Posts
Amazing mate, Love the EH's!
As suggested get rid of the wheels and go the sleeper. Anyway you can adapt an older Cluster and throw the VP one out?

·
Registered
nissan
1,482 Posts
Cripes, BowTieGQ has produced the Giant Killer!
Have you guys seen the price of early stuff these days!? At last. All the GT/GTS stuff has been stupid for so long. Now the rest is catching up. God I love early Aussie iron. Don't care if it's got the Lion or the Budgie on the front :)

·
Registered
nissan
455 Posts
very nice mate get rid of that boat anchor and put that V8 in.

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
troy you got any pics of that bad boy

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
Im a little partial to old english but that is very very nice, someone has done alot of work. In bowties photo its very obviously holden looked at Morris's for the design.

Ecotec's make me thorw up a little in me mouth tho, a 383 stroker with a big polished air filter would bre much more suiting. Then strap a pair of disco spudatos to it for ubercoolness.

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
You are correct good sir, not an ecotec indeedy. Which means it is worser :(

·
Registered
Nissan
1,671 Posts
What were you running to get 12.35 i will be happy to get 14s with a streetable engine, 12s in my dreams. Any pics, i need ideas on how to tidy up the inside.
Now where do I start? 202, 161 head- exhaust poles removed and head bolts countersunk into head and caped. Head bench flowed 865hp. Massive port work with chev double valve springs and valves. You could not fit a 5c pcs between the 2 valves in the head. Roller rockers, roller cam, solid lifters, blue motor crank, starfire conrods, acl hq floating flat top racing pistons (40thou over)all balanced and blue printed, inside of the block was sanded and polished. Big oil pump. Racing harmonic balancer. Triple su carbs (built brand new) I imported them from Edinborough. External electric water pump, Holley blue fuel pump. Straight cut steel timing gears(they were loud). Geez it's nearly bringing a tear to the eye just remembering. She was only on the road for few weeks.
As for the interior, I put hk Monaro bucket seats in. (leather) reupholstered the rear to match. Left everything else stock except for all the autometer gauges.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts