Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
5,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day. ;)

My GQ came with a chrome grill when I bought it. Whilst doing some tidy up work on the front of the vehicle I noticed that the front blinkers do not fit in it properly. Only one screw hole lines up properly, and there are gaps in all the wrong places. My cousins GQ (standard grill and blinkers) has both parts fitting together very neatly. My blinkers look the same as his. His is a 91 model and mine is a 93.

So it looks like I have the wrong part for the grill.

If these parts have changed, can I just get new blinkers for the same year model as the grill?

Anybody know what year this might be so I can look for parts?

Cheers,
Shayne

·
Registered
101 Posts
I know nissan changed the grill ever so slightly around the indicators and park lights and to my knowledge this change was dont about 1994.

But what you could have is a grill of a later model patrol as the earlier ones are getting harder to find even after market grills.

To answer your question yes you can just buy later model indicators to suit that grill but you may have to cut and solder the wires as im not 100% sure if nissan changed the wiring plug

·
Registered
nissan
38 Posts
I think that there were some small changes made to the front in Jan 92.

The front blinkers screw into metal tabs that may have been bent so they no longer fit. It would be worth investigating this before buying new ones.

Kev

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
post up a pic of the grill and I can tell you what lights you need , there are two type one is longer and skinnier (early) the other short and fat (later) both have same wiring

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
If you do need parts, P4x4.com member 'Purplebus' can probably help, just send him a PM.

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, here are a couple of pics of the offending item.

I am guessing the blinkers are original parts for the 1993 model vehicle. So what year model blinkers do I need to fit this grill?

·
Registered
nissan
1,086 Posts
by the looks mate you need the 94-97 indicators. your grille has the little nissan logo in the middle rather than the big word nissan, thats the easiest way to tell. i have em brand new for $45 the pair.

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have checked and you are right, it has the rounds logo with Nissan in the middle. Thanks for thre info, PM sent. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts