Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
g,day guys
do our old mq and mk,s classify for club rego i would love to hear if anyone has tried old cars can be on classic rego if there in a club right so why not our patrols any feedback appreciated or am i :headwall:
regards dan (aka smokey) :)

Registered
Have owned most, MQ, MK, GQ/TB, GQ/TD, GU/ZD and now finally GU TD42Ti
in QLD, it needs to be at least 30 years old, so some of us are VERY close :) (unless it's an emergency vehicle)

However, why would you?

The limitations are endless, you need to be part of a club, you can't drive it anywhere, unless in a concession which requires a permit from Department of Transport, you can't even "just drive to the shop"... Seems to me that you would not get much use out of the car?!?

Registered
Have owned most, MQ, MK, GQ/TB, GQ/TD, GU/ZD and now finally GU TD42Ti
here's a PDF to apply, which also has a bit of information on it

http://www.support.transport.qld.gov.au/qt/formsdat.nsf/forms/QF3937/$file/F3937_ES.pdf

KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
Classic or club rego,is limited to 15 KLM radius from the cars place of residence

You can drive outside this limitation,after approoval from the club which you are a member of
(I know a few who have driven around australia like this,following the show scene)
But the killer is our great dumb arrrrrrsss QLD powers that be have just upted the club rego from $170 a year to $500
So on a V8 yes its near $500 a year (only like $300 ish for a 6 pot)cheaper but the limitations now dont outweight the benefits

And yes it has to be 30 years old (or young) to qualify

If its only the odd weekend trip , just get a weekend permit or buy a tow car and buy a trailer

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mate the pollies are deadset mungrels o well 100% street reg it will be i,m hoping to plan a trip up to cruiser soon mqmad must catch up and meet each other mate laters dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts