Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Patrol 4x4 Admin
nissan
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new photo classifieds are open now at http://www.patrol4x4.com/classifieds/.

Current marketplace sections General For Sale, Nissan Patrols For Sale, Tyres and Rims For Sale and Wanted have been closed for new posts. They will remain on the forum for approx 2 more weeks, but to make contact about an ad in these old sections you will need to use a private message rather than a forum post.

Note that at this time, the new classifieds are for Private Sellers only! The current Vendor section will remain open on the main forum for now - although changes are on their way.

If you have any issues with the new classifieds, please post them in this thread so that I can get them sorted straight away.

·
Administrator
3,794 Posts
To post a new ad in the new classified section, click on "Place An Ad" in the red menu bar toward top right hand corner of the page then follow the 3 simple steps.

It is very easy to use, looks great and uploading pictures of your item/s is now so much easier.

·
Autos are Superior
11,601 Posts
May I suggest you make it like Outers and only have PM contact between buyers/sellers to stop the usual "You may have paid $15,000 for it and want $50 for it, but I can get em new for $1.00" arguements.

·
Patrol 4x4 Admin
nissan
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For the interim, I've decided to leave commenting open, however if you own the ad you can now edit the comments for it.. So essentially if you place an ad, you control the page and its content..

I've done it this way as sometimes there's some worthwhile questions and responses about an item with information that may have been left out of the ad.. Any pointless comments can just be deleted..

·
Autos are Superior
11,601 Posts
Question on the new Vendors section

Lookin I see Matt has his own section on the front page now.

So they will all have their own "section" on the front marketplace page? Could get really messy really fast with 20-30 people there.

Wouldnt it be better to have it like now, a vendor section with all the titles under that?

·
Patrol 4x4 Admin
nissan
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

So they will all have their own "section" on the front marketplace page? Could get really messy really fast with 20-30 people there.

Wouldnt it be better to have it like now, a vendor section with all the titles under that?
Yes that's already planned and will be done shortly.. And not all vendors will have their own section.. It's a two-tier system but they will all be contained in a vendors area.. Come to think of it I could have done it in the time I used to write this :confused:

·
Premium Member
523 Posts

i think you will find that actually paying to advertise will clean up the amount of people who just come on here to sell there stuff..i dont think there will be 20-30 premium vendors

i think this is a great idea and a good way to keep some of the dodgy people out that have been coming on here lately

dave

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,686 Posts
Yes that's already planned and will be done shortly.. And not all vendors will have their own section.. It's a two-tier system but they will all be contained in a vendors area.. Come to think of it I could have done it in the time I used to write this :confused:
Hi Terry, whats the go with vendors that have or had more than one or multiple threads going already in the old vendors section, ie: advertising different products in each thread with products as titles etc? Is it the one cost for all threads to be transferred or per existing thread?
This has not been addressed from what I have looked at.

Also, what extra benefits does a Supporting Vendor get than it already is, apart from more pm's etc.
And how long do you guarantee the lifespan of Patrol4x4 for?

Also looking forward to hearing from you about my other questions that I pm'd you about yesterday and today.

Regards, Dave - Bordertrek 4x4 & Fabrication

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Hi Terry, whats the go with vendors that have or had more than one or multiple threads going already in the old vendors section, ie: advertising different products in each thread with products as titles etc? Is it the one cost for all threads to be transferred or per existing thread?

Also, what extra benefits does a Supporting Vendor get than it already is, apart from more pm's etc.

Also looking forward to hearing from you about my other questions that I pm'd you about yesterday and today.

as a vendor you were only supposed to have a single thread anyway with all products in the one thread so i would imagine all your threads would have to be merged into one in the new section in keeping with the rules..

as for lifespan i wouldnt care if Patrol 4x4 shut down tomorrow, well i would, but i wouldnt be concerned about my yearly subscription fee as we have all been advertising on this site for nothing for long enough now and the yearly rate to be a premium vendor is not much when you consider how much you pay for a half page ad in say 4wd action or the like and you get one month for that..

if paying money to advertise means that we eliminate the dodgy people from being on here and ripping of forum members then it is money well spent in my eyes

dave

·
Patrol 4x4 Admin
nissan
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

PM has been sent..

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Is it just me, or has there been a severe downturn in the amount of adverts since the introduction of the new classified?

My opinion of the new classified has also not changed after using it for a week (?) or so now. It is poo to use, but is GREAT once you get into the advert itself. Maybe if you could blend the old and the new?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Can't upload new ad, just get error message:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 9556 bytes) in /usr/sites/patrol4x4.com/www/htdocs/classifieds/image-inc.php on line 128

Please help. Have tried XP with IE7 and win7 with IE8.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.