Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone had any tips for cleaning the undercarriage other than using a high pressure spray? I've seen some trucks where the undercarriage is absolutely pristine, might sound stupid but do people jump underneath to literally scrub it?

Cheers

·
Registered
nissangupatrol
496 Posts
it just depends on how anal you are, i go to a coin operated car wash with the hi pressure gun and try and get the majority of things cleaned. but a day or two later of driving around i get under there with the hose and a brush to get rid of anything that is hanging on...but thats just me.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
180 Posts
i usually just get a rotating head for my sprinkler and just let it got under there for about half hour to an hour comes up pretty good but once every 6 months i get the hotwash from work and have a good clean

·
Registered
nissan
502 Posts
somone needs to invent a car bath with a corregated botom and 2-3 foot of water.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,099 Posts
I use a spray bottle with CT-18. Strong mix. Get under and spray it everywhere. Let it soak a few hours and hit it with a fire hose. Do it often and it's always easy. And, there's NOTHIN worse than lying under your car, serviceing, repairing and crud and mud in ya eyes or mouth!!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,106 Posts
lift it high enough and everyone will see under it lol
nah i just use one of them long soakahose things ppl leave running in there yards just to get the majority of the heavy sh|t off once a blue moon ill take it down to the car wash and use the high pressure gun

·
Registered
nissan
176 Posts
If you are interested we do chassis steam cleans at work. We are located on Canterbury road.

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
707 Posts
cross through a river, that normally washes mine pretty well....lol
That's what i do... then once i get home I either get under the car with my Karcher or park my car above the sprinkler for half our or so, moving the car forward and back a little to get all the areas and then get under with the karcher. Depends how motivated I am. Then after all that I take it through the mud again in 2-3 days and get it filthy again lol.

·
Registered
nissan/gq patrol
589 Posts
Just read flyin-bogga87 response, a rotating sprinkler, haven't seen one of those in years. I think they are illegal on the mainland. lol

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,540 Posts
Just go for a run along the highway in the rain. That'll clean it up a bit.

Just read flyin-bogga87 response, a rotating sprinkler, haven't seen one of those in years. I think they are illegal on the mainland. lol
I'm confused about the illegal part. Are we talking about garden sprinklers or something else?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,099 Posts
Mate of mine got fined for using a fire hose. Owned the building and everything.

Only if they catch you!! They need proof. I pay the maintainance and water, I pay for "tests" twice a year. I test it for them!

They tried the seal on the reel once, it lasted the first weekend and someone else broke it off.

It is illegal and the fine is a maximum of $8000 I think??

·
Registered
nissan patrol
180 Posts

yeah but im in tassie so might be safe down here where no one notices us lol...

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
Only if they catch you!! They need proof. I pay the maintainance and water, I pay for "tests" twice a year. I test it for them!

They tried the seal on the reel once, it lasted the first weekend and someone else broke it off.

It is illegal and the fine is a maximum of $8000 I think??
lol there is a fine, its not the much tho and in 10 years i have never herd of anyone been fined.
the reason your not ment to use it is becuase Its unmeters water strait from the mains.
The anti-tamper seals on them are a load of bulldust. all you need to do it pull on the hose and they break. we often actualy give the owners some extra seals so they can use it and re seal it back up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts