Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Do you believe man is the major contributer to climate change?

• Yes

Votes: 39 44.3%
  • No

Votes: 49 55.7%
3161 - 3180 of 3197 Posts

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
50,061 Posts
So, this Glasgow climate change conference is so, so, so, important that 2 of the world's biggest 'polluters' won't be there, nuff said.

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
27,518 Posts
I wonder if air pollution is less these days because of less planes in the air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Nope, greenhouse gasses are near the same as they were 3yrs ago. ;)

We should all eat a bucket load of bananas, peanuts, prunes and boiled eggs for a week and then see what happens. :unsure:😇

Foo

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
I wonder if air pollution is less these days because of less planes in the air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yes there have been a lot of scientific studies on air pollution both in urban areas and in the high atmosphere that have shown a significant reduction related to less human activity during Covid 19 lock down periods.

Here's a visual example from Deli
Sky Land vehicle Car Tire Wheel

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
50,061 Posts
Oh! Boohoo, Greta Thunderbolt wasn't invited to speak at the UN 'convention', OH THE SHAME OF IT ALL, :eek: :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
50,061 Posts
I'm thoroughly convinced that climate change will not cause the extinction of the human race. Seeing adds for shows like married at first sight, goggle box, the bachelor, big brother and now celebrity(????) big brother, has me firmly convinced that our own stupidity will eventually cause the extinction......

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
17,895 Posts
I'm thoroughly convinced that climate change will not cause the extinction of the human race. Seeing adds for shows like married at first sight, goggle box, the bachelor, big brother and now celebrity(????) big brother, has me firmly convinced that our own stupidity will eventually cause the extinction......
Are you telling me that theses shows aren’t real.
I’m now going to have to change my whole lifestyle. 😳😖😖😖

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
18,809 Posts
It is even hard to find a decent radio station now..
Most of them only cater for pimply faced 14 year olds and the playlist is about 10 songs..
Snoop nob feat jex head..

Reactions: geordie4x4

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
Oh! Boohoo, Greta Thunderbolt wasn't invited to speak at the UN 'convention', OH THE SHAME OF IT ALL, :eek: :rolleyes:
Yes as you know I have an environmental science and marine science background. I am probably expected to be a bit of a greenie which, yes I am to a certain extent. But that doesn't stretch to the blind stupidity, like a cult following a charismatic but misguided religious guru that seems to be rampant in a lot of these green organisations now days. Although I used to align myself with a few different green organisations because I thought they were trying to at least do something positive for the environment, unfortunately now I have completely lost respect for the manner in which a lot of them use sensationalism and twist the truth to get media attention and social media following.

It is such a pity because I do believe that all humans need to be a lot better informed about the consequences of our actions on the environment and we need to be a lot more responsible for our actions now that will affect the environment that we leave for our grandchildren to inherit. But like you say in the next post, stupidity is a big factor in the human race. I have to add; greed and selfishness to that list but in all, we are our own worst enemy.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
17,895 Posts
I can remember when Sydney Harbour was so polluted that there were not many fish to be caught, those that were caught were toxic. Cutting out the pollution has been great for the environment.
As for changing the climate, that, I’m a bit sceptical.

Reactions: Foo and GQ bush man

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
890 Posts
I can remember when Sydney Harbour was so polluted that there were not many fish to be caught, those that were caught were toxic. Cutting out the pollution has been great for the environment.
As for changing the climate, that, I’m a bit sceptical.
Completely agree with @rgren2. I belive we shouldn't shi# in our back yard but regarding zero emissions to change the climate i think its a load of bull..

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
890 Posts
Other thing i forgot to mention is all this zero emissions stuff i forsee playing in the hands of the greeny vegans who will soon complain about the number of livestock we have in oz, lets stop the murder of non human animals and also stop the greenhouse gasses caused by livestock win win!!

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
17,895 Posts
Nah, we’ll get to pay a tax and that’ll nullify that. For the methane that the animals produce, hmm, a 10% fart tax should do. 🤔🙄😉🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: GQ bush man

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
50,061 Posts
I worked at a factory from 1963 that was on the Parramatta River upstream of Gladesville (before the big Gladesville bridge was built), you could almost walk across the damned river it was that bad, fish were basically non existent. Neville Wran was the premier that took a stand on it and made things happen, when I left that factory in the mid 80's prawning was great, bream were plentiful and I even saw school mackerel from time to time.

3161 - 3180 of 3197 Posts