Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Do you believe man is the major contributer to climate change?

• Yes

Votes: 39 44.3%
  • No

Votes: 49 55.7%
3181 - 3197 of 3197 Posts

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
27,518 Posts
Other thing i forgot to mention is all this zero emissions stuff i forsee playing in the hands of the greeny vegans who will soon complain about the number of livestock we have in oz, lets stop the murder of non human animals and also stop the greenhouse gasses caused by livestock win win!!
They already are complaining!

Foo

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

• Wow
Reactions: GQ bush man

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
50,061 Posts

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,294 Posts
More than reclamation, BILLIONS of tonnes of silt is deposited into the ocean...

I think it's time to divert all the taxpayer funding from the Bureau of Meteorology to Elders. Elders' meteorologists are much more accurate, less volatile, and more reliable in their weather forecasting. BoM's forecast typically starts extreme until a few days before, then undergo massive variations every few hours the couple days before, then typically miss the ball entirely. Elders forecasts remain fairly accurate, very stable, and end up right much more often than BoM.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
50,061 Posts
I had been trying to get data on Co2 levels since Covid, was having a lot of difficulty, eventually got hold of this, interesting, I'm not reading any proclamations into it, just an interesting article.

·
Premium Member
nissan
7,481 Posts
More than reclamation, BILLIONS of tonnes of silt is deposited into the ocean...
I agree that silt from rivers is far more significant than man's land reclaimation from the ocean. Most reclaimation is done by dredging silt out of the ocean rather than pushing fill into it so if anything reclaimation is having the opposite effect.

·
Here To Be Entertained
Currently not a vehicle owner
12,204 Posts

I think it's time to divert all the taxpayer funding from the Bureau of Meteorology to Elders. Elders' meteorologists are much more accurate, less volatile, and more reliable in their weather forecasting. BoM's forecast typically starts extreme until a few days before, then undergo massive variations every few hours the couple days before, then typically miss the ball entirely. Elders forecasts remain fairly accurate, very stable, and end up right much more often than BoM.
I completely disagree... I find that bom misses the ball entirely right from the start.
I only go there for their radar ;)

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
50,061 Posts
The funny thing is I've been in and out of PNG since the mid 80's, last time 2013. I know the northern side very well having driven along accessible sections and fished along many rivers and reefs that aren't accessible by road, there is one spot where quite a few Expats built holiday homes and there is a native village right on part of the beach, the huts are on stilts have been since they were built (god knows when), at high tide in a bit of weather the waves run up the beach and under some of those huts, always has, then it runs away into the bay behind. At one point along this peninsular the land is only around 20m wide, so if climate change is causing rising sea levels then the mountain at the end of the peninsular should have been an island years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just to clarify, yes see levels are rising slowly but in some places the land is rising, this is happening in many Scandinavian countries. you can also look at the Hawaiian Island chain and see some are disappearing, not because of sea level rise simply because the land is sinking, as the earths core moves and plates react older islands are disappearing and new ones forming.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
50,061 Posts
Was listening to a US broadcast on water in the Colarado River and how climate change is is making it hard for areas to access water from the river and its tributaries, got me thinking, we all know that there is the same amount of water on the Planet now as there was when it was formed billions of years ago, that cannot change unless our atmosphere completely disappears and water vapour disappears into space (as is a theory about the majority of water on Mars). So with us having exactly the same amount of water then what is the difference?
A bit of trivia about water on our Planet

3181 - 3197 of 3197 Posts