Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who has some close call stories?

bit of a pissing contest but no judging, telling people how stupid they're etc.

hopefully this is not a re-post

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
I've had a few.
Was out hunting deer and followed a track near a riverbank. It was a goat track, quite high up beside a waterfall. Got halfway along it and the clay path collapsed There I was, stuck and hanging onto the wall...seemed like forever 'til I started to go back...verrrry slowly. Managed to get out of it after a couple of hours.

I can tell you now that my whole life floated before my eyes...and I was a much more aware dude after that near-death experience.

Still think about it and always play the odds now.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
I got married once.

·
Registered
Nissan
1,671 Posts
Been shot, stabbed, bashed and a fatal smash. Due to being born pre 1990, I managed to get over it without blameing anyone and sueing. (the clown with the knife and the silly old goat with the gun, well, can't blame anyone else!!)
Holly shoit mate, you are lucky. I hope you enter the lottery. No scrap that, I think you may have used all you luck already. It must give you a different perspective on life though.

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Been shot, stabbed, bashed and a fatal smash. Due to being born pre 1990, I managed to get over it without blameing anyone and sueing. (the clown with the knife and the silly old goat with the gun, well, can't blame anyone else!!)
What the hell goes on in nerang!

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Married once? More than enough Dude. I got married once too but it worked out.
Anyone who does it more than once (unless there's an accidental death) is a masochist.

·
Registered
nissan gq
706 Posts
Was loading out overburden with a 40 tonne digger sitting on top of a 6.5 metre face straight down,doing it all by the book wasent sitting close to the edge when the ground under the machine gaveway and tried to take me and the digger with it.Took a few days to remove the seat cover from my arse.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,263 Posts
My parents live on a big bush block and I was riding my dirt bike around the backyard a few years ago and going around a corner, all of a sudden I was ripped of the bike by my head. When I landed I couldn't figure out what happened and got back on the bike and rode about 10m before I felt the warm liquid running down my head and my vision went red out of one eye. I rode back up to the house, yelled out to the mum to take me to the hospital. She came running out and said what happened. She just about fainted because I had a large diameter stick hanging out of my eye socket.
A branch had gone in between my helmet and goggles and got caught in my eye socket and kept going, then snapped off when it took me off the bike. An hour long trip to the hospital with mum screaming the whole way, massive queue at the hospital as it was a Saturday morning and I got in without filling in any forms. 3 hours and 27 stitches later with no optical damage, out of hospital and back on the bike.

Thats just one of my hospital visits that seem to occur every 9 months

·
Registered
nissan gu
1,195 Posts
mine is the worse by far it wasnt when I got stabbed or working as bouncer in the Kings Cross hotel during the "Underbelly years" but trying to organise our wedding & having to srgue everything with the mother in law because she wanted the opposite to what we wanted. 12 months of it, now married 14 years & dont talk to the motherf#%ker in law anymore.

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
I got hit by a tree when I was 19. It was doing 60kmh and I was stationary on my motorbike. Well that's what it felt like it happened so quick.
Car went through a give way, hit me side on and me and the bike then hugged a tree...............pretty aggressively.
Just before I passed out in the emergency ward from all the painkiller gas, was when I thought I was going to die. But it wasn't to be. I woke up the next day with plaster and bandages all over me and felt fine, (I was pumped with peth apparently :).)
All I got was a broken leg, cracked ribs, a fist sized hole in the inside of my thigh, and according to the final Dr's report 6 mths later, a slight scrotal abrasion as well. If only I knew that while in hospital I could of exploited the nurses to tend to it :p
I dont know which was the closer call, nearly losing my nuts or my life.

·
Registered
Nissan
1,442 Posts
Close call one night.....
Was out with a mate in his brand new Navara, driving thought the back streets. Some woman (prado) reverses out of her driveway with out looking, we swerve to miss her and the back has slid out, the car did a full 180 and then we hit a power pole at about 45km, straight onto the front right quarter panel and the ARB sahara bar.

Because I was sitting in the passenger seat I was right in front of it, scared the **** out of me!

Car was eventually fixed, bent all front chassis rails and engine mounts and a new bar.

But the scariest part was when we went to get out of the car the power lines obviously touched or something and these huge sparks started falling!

So yeah that's my experience

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Close call,
Nearly bought a (deep breath)
Jeep ,once
But at least it wouldnt have been a girly version
Quadratrack V8

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
I had menigococcol meningitis and septicaemia. Hospital gave me an hour and a visit from a chaplain. I guess that's one of the reasons why i'm still with the missus to be... she stuck by my side - we'd only been together a couple of months.

Thanks to the GP in Redbank Plains for her quick thinking and actions (blood test straight to lab along with personal urgent message and pumping me full of all sorts of antibiotics whilst waiting for the ambo).

You do value life after a very close and real life threatening event.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
what about real death, having been brought back twice, does that count? can I play then?

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
49,541 Posts
Diving off South Head about 35 years ago, cut a long story short I needed to ditch the tank which then caught in my lead belt, by the time I got things sorted I had already started to breath water and passed out. Came too up on the rocks, my mate had found me in time and managed to extract me, a bit of artificial respiration and I recovered with a huge headache. My life didn't flash before my eye's because I was too bloody busy but I do remember thinking "so this is what it's like".

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Close call,
Nearly bought a (deep breath)
Jeep ,once
But at least it wouldnt have been a girly version
Quadratrack V8
Guy in our club has a Grand with the quadratrack. It doesn't work to well and the rear diffs been rebuilt :confused:. So yeah, close call for you.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts