Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I turn full lock left I invariably get a noticable clunk. Any idea's what might cause that?

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Probably king pin bearings. jack it up take the wheel off and give it a wobble, there's shims you can take out if its not too bad.

·
Registered
nissan
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'll get that look at. Cheers, Luke

·
Registered
nissan
63 Posts
Hi,
I was getting a knocking sound on full right lock, then while the dealer was recently doing a 40K service I was advised they had found the offside front hub had broken internally. I had actually forgotten to mention it to them when booking the service so was pleasantly surprised that they found the problem without being asked. I was advised not to drive in 4WD until they could get the parts in to fix it. This has now been done under warranty and no more knocking.
Ralph

·
Registered
nissan
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replys. I'll give the hubs and panhards a look over aswell.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Dont suppose you've had new springs put in recently ?

Have a search for the post LH front clunk or something similar. I found that my LH front clunk was coming from newly installed front springs. A squirt of silicone spray on the spring base made it go away. Couldnt get a cheaper or easier DIY fix than that ! There's a range of other more problematical issues and solutions there too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts