Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Patrollers

I have a low km 2011 GU Patrol. I took apart the front end. Knuckles,hubs, axles etc
and took the diff centre into a local mechanic who has experience in installing auto lockers. He fitted the Spartain auto locker and I reinstalled everything back together.

I can drive around fine with the hubs unlocked. When I lock the hubs in, the car makes a clunking feeling/noise every metre or so. Driving up and down the driveway in a straight line is less noticeable but if I turn and drive, the clunking is a lot heavier. It feels as tho the clunking is coming from the front axle area somewhere. I have obviously not done something right or the diff lock install isn't right.

What do you guys think it could be?

·
Registered
Nissan
500 Posts
There is a 2 part video on you tube for installing a lokka.
Google "spankerfest lokka patrol"
It's for a GQ, but the principles are the same.

It will show you how to test them also. Worth a look.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu4 wagon
392 Posts
They shouldn't make any sound when going straight because both axles are rotating the same speed, but when you are turning the inner axle turns slower than the outer axle so you hear a clicking sound when the auto locker disengages.

·
Registered
nissan
631 Posts
I had a similar thing when arb installed the air locker and they forgot to put back in some part that keeps the hub locked when you turn the manual hub. It was only on the right and was a decent clunk when the hubs were locked. Just a thought!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts