Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Green Machine
nissan
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am currently in the process of upgrading the turbo, cooler etc on my gu wagon. My clutch has just started slipping and it needs to be changed anyway. Will have about 200kw at the wheels once I'm finished.

Can someone recommend a type/brand of clutch? And where to get them? I'm hopeless at looking for stuff on the internet. I was thinking some sort of button clutch will be the best way to go. Drivabilty is not an issue and won't be towing over 750 kg. thanks

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
yes, Call Brake Fabricators WA. We just put in a custom button clutch and pressure plate in my comp car. It was made by ACS to order. It's designed to handle endurance race conditions with 700Nm or more. The old clutch wouldn't hold 5th gear on boost.

You WILL need a vacuum booster. Pedal feel WITH the booster is slightly lighter than a safari tuff without a booster. You could drive it without a booster if you had to but you'll walk in circles when you get out of the car.

I haven't given it a proper drive yet but moving the car around the workshop and yard with it was surprisingly easy. It is grabbier but very controllable.

(by the way the ad for the auto box wanted in my signature is for a friend)

·
Green Machine
nissan
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha about the sig. Sounds pretty good, they are on the other side of the country though. Do you mind if I ask what it cost for the kit?

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
I think it's a special build and I got it cheap as part of a sponsorship deal so I have no idea what the retail will be, guessing from what I paid it would have to be under $1000. Half the price of a multi plate clutch and it will fit a standard flywheel.
If you look on Australian Clutch Services site they have a list of dealers.
Just tell the dealer that what you're after may not be listed in the catalog and they'll need to call them.
This is the wee beastie here.

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
Could also try Nicks Performance Clutches NPC. Brissy mob. They custom build clutches too..

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
60 Posts
goto NIcks performance clutch and get their dodge viper clutch. you will have to either re drill the fly wheel or buy their billet wheel. best clutch there is for a td42. the best thing about them is they are not button. You dont want button in a daily unless you enjoy changing them all the time

My 2c

·
Registered
378 Posts
goto NIcks performance clutch and get their dodge viper clutch. you will have to either re drill the fly wheel or buy their billet wheel. best clutch there is for a td42. the best thing about them is they are not button. You dont want button in a daily unless you enjoy changing them all the time

My 2c
x1000

·
Green Machine
nissan
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will enquire about both. Just slack for modding the flywheel though....

·
Registered
378 Posts
i got the npc modified viper clutch for my patrol as i didnt want a button clutch and so far so good it only cost me $90 to have the flywheel modified to suit and the clutch was cheaper than a 4terain clutch so definitely worth doing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts