Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan gq 4.2 peterol lwb & mk turbo diesel shorty
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hay guys , does anyone know if a clutch and pressure plate from a long wheel base mq 4 speed, fit a mk shorty 5 speed box mines getting shaged and i can get a near new set up of my doner car only its a 4 speed and mine is a 5 speed!!

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
what engine? if L28 or P40, it will be fine. if SD33, then the turbo MK clutch is bigger than na clutch, so the flywheel may have different bolt pattern, im not sure.

·
Rusty, but Trusty. Most of the time
nissan
1,185 Posts
The N/A and turbo flywheels will interchage between the two but you have to use the correct clutch for the flywheel.

·
Registered
nissan
275 Posts
My MQ shorty had a new clutch in it. When I swapped out the SD33 from the MQ (4 speed) into the MK (5 speed) I used the 4 speed clutch and it appears to work fine. I left the original flywheel on the SD33 so there is no reason it shouldn't work.

·
Registered
nissan gq 4.2 peterol lwb & mk turbo diesel shorty
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
woops sorry yes i want to take it all of a sd33, 4 speed the fly wheel has been machined and has a new clutch and pressure plate and put it all on a sd33t , 5 speed.

·
Registered
2010 GU DX CRD Grenade :)
663 Posts
it would fit as said above, but the non turbo clutch is smaller. if you drive it hard it probably won't last very long. n/a clutch is 9" and turbo clutch is 11". in saying that i have a turbo on my sd33 and it is ok with the standard clutch. as long as you don't ride it too much it should last a while

1 - 6 of 6 Posts