Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After fitting 35s, and then 4 hrs of bog holes and recovering other stuck vehicles, clutch went from strong to completely gone. Reservoir lid has popped off.Truck has 400 kms odo so suspect clutch died of old age , however i was surprised at suddenness.Can anyone recommend a replacement clutch? cost? Thanks

·
Registered
nissan
511 Posts
Was the resevoir full with the lid off? and no clutch .

Have you the lid? Might get away with topping it up in the short term.

My fuild slowly dissapears, so I top it up occasionally. Mine doesn't like to change gears with and empty resevoir.

·
Registered
nissan
377 Posts
If the lid poped off is there any or enough fluid left in the system? probably worth replacing the lid then filling it up and bleeding it abit to see if that fixes it.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
91 Posts
Mayb you should give me your tyres while you cant drive lol

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq turbo deisel
32 Posts
mine uses fluid also not much though but top it up every 2 weeks roughly but not leaking in either 2 places its possible drives me nuts and ur looking at about 1000-$1500 for a good tough clutch mate and i'd say it died of old age

·
Registered
93 SWB Maverick
1,390 Posts
might have just have a stuck master cylinder.. Causing the slave not to release enough eg slipping. I know mine was similar, pedal released right at the top i thought my clutch was starting to go, relaced the slightly leaking master and its gone back to the lower half of the pedal again. Just seems the Master was bypassing fluid.

·
Registered
nissan
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all replies
I have put in safari tuff clutch, cost $1200.
Its tuff alright, you have to mash peddle into floor to change gears.
My lwb patrol will need a new clutch soon too i think i will try a 4terrain this time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts