Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What have you got?
We have a pretty basic sunbeam PU6910 and grinder We bought for about 450- on special
It's only an entry level goer but shlt it makes a nice coffee, even in the hands of a mug like myself.

https://www.sunbeam.com.au/e8c0b3c1-6ac4-4c09-b26c-5625f9d78ab9.aspx

Coffee is one of those habit forming treats you give yourself and I enjoy a good coffee, especially when I've made it myself.
One of the blokes I used to work with got right into it and started sourcing and roasting his own beans.
You'd see him walking around with eyes like saucers after drinking too much. lol
He has now retired and makes an extra income out of selling his own roast blends.
It was his advice to get that machine.
Anyway I can see how you could up the ante and buy a commercial machine or roaster etc.
I wonder if anyone on here is into their coffee.

·
Registered
nissan
104 Posts
The best coffee is one that somebody else makes. I've got one of those Clooney jobs in the cupboard but frankly, I can't be stuffed using it very often. When you drink as much coffee as me, you would be in front of the machine for an hour every day.

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
27,663 Posts
Got an Aldi one.

Hurry up corkhead!

Reactions: ST391GQ and warthog

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
How many ways are there to waste time and money?

Just kidding Warty, if you like your coffee flash then go for it. I drink Moccona instant and it works for me. I have an aversion to cluttering up the kitchen with machines and devices. I have friends whose kitchens look like a goddam electrical appliance store. Everything you can think of and then some. Barely room to move. I doesn't suit an organised minimalist like me. You must have seen it too, not only the electric jug and toaster but rice-makers and blenders and coffee machines and and toastie pie makers and all sorts of other Godwhattery. I couldn't handle the overload and I'd go insane.

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,888 Posts
I don't drink coffee it seems pointless tbh. I don't struggle to wake up and get thru my day without it. ;)

·
Here To Be Entertained
Currently not a vehicle owner
12,227 Posts
Have one of these sitting on a shelf in the garage. I don't drink tea or coffee, and the wife said it took too long and it's easier to drink instant
Anyone still doubt her kitchen capabilities???

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Same here....got two actually...one in the house and one in the van.

Cheers Keith
You know how the pod coffee is better than instant?
In a similar way fresh ground coffee is better than pod.
Cheaper too in the long run. A kilo of beans makes alot of cups.

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
18,999 Posts
We have one from aldi..

Missus and daughter give it buggery and it runs like a dream.;)

·
Registered
nissan patrol
395 Posts
Currently running an areopress and impact driver driven hand grinder. The look of envy on fellow campers faces when they smell fresh ground beans is priceless.
Edit: coffee quality is better than your average cafe espresso and light years better than pod crap but I think I could do with a better home grinder to improve further.

·
SUI GENERIS UTE
GQ Ute 1990 Silvertop
6,121 Posts
I have one of these its probably 10+ years old has a milk fridge which i dont bother using due to too much clean up.

It has programming to adjust just about everything to turn crappy cheap coles/wollies bean coffee into something pretty good. Or at least better then a armature in a cafe using a commercial coffee machine using quality beans and certainly better than the best pod machine.

Essentially i am lazy and i just couldnt be Fu#ked pissing about with a commercial type home coffee machine. This thing makes cappuccino faster than instant coffee even with a zippo under the kitchen bench for hot water. Once set its as fast as placing the cup and press the button and fuff the milk. You can tell how house lazy i am the bench is still a mess..

Attachments

·
Registered
833 Posts
Cleaned out the garage over Christmas and found my old espresso machine which I'd forgotten about for quite a few years. I remember it having some issues so decided to do a full strip and rebuild. It's an old Expobar Minore dual boiler but it's built like a tank and weights about 25kg. Everything came up nice after a couple days soaking in citric acid bath. Just waiting for all the parts to turn up which needed replacing then attempt to put the puzzle back together.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Gas Auto part
Wood Gas Machine Auto part Metal
Wood Cylinder Auto part Musical instrument Gas
Motor vehicle Drinkware Automotive tire Bicycle handlebar Automotive lighting
Food Ingredient Dishware Cuisine Plate

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
18,191 Posts
The copper came up a treat. 👍😁

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That old sunbeam died some time back.
Complete lack of maintenance, namely descaling.
Been using a Breville for a while now.
Dual boiler so steams a shedload better.
Making sure I maintain this one a bit better.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts