Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day all

i have just fitted i nice set of 2" lifted HD Lovels coils and 2" lift tough dog shocks all around, now when i placed them in i realised the rubbers were worse than a justin bieber fan walking into an aussie pub and asking for a glass of water.

i was told by a mate about fleabay coil rubbers that were thicker and basicaly lifted it 2" just by adding these coil rubbers...:confused:

has anyone used them before or heard anything about them?

·
Gone Fishing
NISSAN 1989 GQ PATROL
6,203 Posts
Remember if you use the 50mm spacers your gaining nearly another 2 inches and time to get adjustable panhards etc. I just put in an ironman 2" lift and got the original coil rubbers to go on top.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, i think i will just get some normal rubbers,... Im rebuilding my grenade this weekend and dont have the money for panhards and stuff.

·
Registered
nissan
389 Posts
You can get 5,10,15+mm spacers or get the original coil rubbers from nissan (about 10mm thick rubber), the spacers are not rubber. heres one of the genuine rubber. ATOC Auto Repairs: SUSPENSION BUSHES - OEM Genuine FRONT rubber spring seat to fit Nissan GQ & GU Patrol
Sorry to hijack, but do you think you can just run the coil spacers as a replacement to the rubber coil hats?

They are alot cheaper then getting a set of genuine replacements, even from nizzbits.

Front + Rear 15mm Coil Spacers

Jason

·
Registered
nissan patrol
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All good mate i would like to know that aswell.

·
Registered
nissan
2,091 Posts
Sorry to hijack, but do you think you can just run the coil spacers as a replacement to the rubber coil hats?

They are alot cheaper then getting a set of genuine replacements, even from nizzbits.

Front + Rear 15mm Coil Spacers

Jason

Yes you can, but they won't do as good a job of isolating the noise and vibration as the rubber isolators.

·
Registered
nissan
389 Posts
Yes you can, but they won't do as good a job of isolating the noise and vibration as the rubber isolators.
Mine have worn through on the tip of the spring on all 4 corners, can you spin the coil rubber around abit so its sitting on a rubber section again?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i, ah, used duct tape as a temp rubber as mine worn through 1/2 way around on all 4. good as a temp.

·
Registered
Nissan Safari
1,804 Posts
I run an Ironman 2" lift with 1" coil spacers all round. No issues, probably more noise when the suspension works and wriggles around but I'm happy with them.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

What if we had the spacers and had a rubber insulator ontop?
i know a bit much bit just a thought?

·
Gone Fishing
NISSAN 1989 GQ PATROL
6,203 Posts
Wont work right the rubber are moulded to sit on coil spring.:)

·
Registered
nissan patrol
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ah, true.. anyways this has all helped me heaps...thanks guys, im off to ready the bomb squad to rebuild the grenade.

·
Registered
nissan
2,091 Posts
Yeah that'll work ok, coz the spacers are moulded to the spring/coil hat just like the isolator.

·
Registered
nissan
2,091 Posts
Mine have worn through on the tip of the spring on all 4 corners, can you spin the coil rubber around abit so its sitting on a rubber section again?
Yeah you can do that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts