Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone converted there rear suspension from coil to leaf?

The reason I ask is I am investigating ways to increase GVM on my dual cab conversion in Qld. After a talk with a engineer today he suggested this as a maybe possible option pending approval by Qld transport first of course.

Thanks

·
Registered
nissan
14 Posts
It would not be all that hard, just a matter of copy a leaf sprung model. People are going to say you're going backwards but it depends on what you're using it for? What about a lazy axle?

·
Registered
nissan
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would not be all that hard, just a matter of copy a leaf sprung model. People are going to say you're going backwards but it depends on what you're using it for? What about a lazy axle?
Lazy axle in a daily driver... not sure about that, something to consider I suppose. How do they go offraod???

It is about making the vehicle more usable, or should I say more compliant when fully loaded for holidays. I can contiue to stick my head in the sand like most of us do when it comes to GVM... or at least attempt to see if I can make it fully compliant. Leaf spring utes can be GVM to 3900kg... if I could get that I would be most happy.

Patrolit

·
lawless
nissan
578 Posts
Spoke to.a.customer he put a.leaf Diff under.his.coil cab to up his gvm if you can I have complete Diff. Here

Just.need.to.weld.coil.hats.and mounts would only take one to two days if your handy on the tools

from the shed

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
hi kcworks, do you have the coil mounts,shock mounts and panhard mount for sale?,thanks Andrew

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Coils give a nicer ride and better travel, but for load carrying you can't beat leafs. Look at the dual cabs, every one of them has a leaf rear end.

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
thanks kc,will message you in the future,going to be building a bush basher in a couple mths and have an h260 i want to convert to coils

·
Registered
nissan
1,527 Posts
Coils give a nicer ride and better travel, but for load carrying you can't beat leafs. Look at the dual cabs, every one of them has a leaf rear end.
Point of Order: Landrover twin cab utes have coils within coils at the rear. But Landrover always were different :)

Cheers,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts